CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Suzi
RedBedroom
7 posters

Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults? Empty Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:32 am

I have an abnormal cousin experience as I did not know Mom's side due to distance and my dad had me late in life and he is the youngest of nine kids...so my cousins on that side are all much older than I am.

But one of the ones who is about ten years older than I that I always looked up to so much as a kid is really not someone I think I would even care to be friends with today. She is a super religious and very, very judgemental. It truly hurts my feelings that she is how she is.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults? Empty Re: Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults?

Post by Suzi Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 am

I looked up to and admired my older by 5 years cousin. I thought she was the most beautiful girl and I wanted to be just like her. After we were both adults I discovered she is a very shallow person, and her sister whom I also liked but wasn't so wild about is a much better , smarter and all around good person that I still speak to. The other cousin is not much of a person and so I don't speak to her any more. 3 of my other cousins that I was friendly with but not overly close to have all died. Well Of the original 6 of us all girls, only 3 of us are still alive and we are all old and I was the youngest! 4 younger cousins that I adored were so much younger that when I married and moved away they weren't old enough to really remember that I loved them, and we aren't close today but I still care about them.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults? Empty Re: Are there any cousins you have that you were close to in childhood but don't like or respect now that you are adults?

Post by Shale Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:52 am

I had a first cousin in Mississippi who was planning to shoot me after a fight we had. We weren't that close as adults but more civil when we hung out.

I had a second cousin in Mississippi who showed me and the above cuz how to 'French' kiss in a hayloft. She was always the more adventurous one. We later were both living in New Orleans and she and I spent a day in bed together. Last I heard, she was in Texas and born again christian (who I suppose now is trying to rationalize that 'sinful' day she spent with me, which I have nothing but fond memories of).
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:24 am

No. My cousins and I may not be as close anymore, but we're still cool.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:33 am

We were never close to begin with.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah. I have a bipolar aunt who spawned two of the stupidest daughters--one who is a year older than me and one who is a few years younger. The youngest one I disliked from toddlerhood. The older one snapped when she became a high school mother (and surprise surprise...the youngest one followed her lead).

Now the whole family beefing with them over shit my aunt brought from HER childhood and put on her kids. Had her kids snapping at everyone over things that didn't even happen! Problem is, they were FACEBOOK GANGSTAS!! So I gave them my address and said I don't talk; I want BOTH of them to show up and do what they said they would do.

Of course they didn't, and now everyone knows they're all talk and no action. And now when they see me, they make sure they go around and keep a wide distance.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Yes 2 of them both male. We were very close growing up but then they did something sneaky and underhanded to my family and if they ever speak a word to me again its their funeral.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:35 am