At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?

Go down 
+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? Empty
PostSubject: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:25 am

Last summer this issue came up, now already spring has not sprung and my son's friends are eating at Hardees, McD's and A&W like there is no tomorrow. So, now I am the "mean" parent saying, "Uh, hell no."

I don't mind once a month, but I am in awe of the same parents letting the same kids meet out for dinner each night.

And it is not my son B.S.'ing me....one parent I have on FB has posted about her son meeting out the boys' fast food dinner crowd. Otherwise, I would suspect it was my son trying to hook up with different parties each night.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? Empty
PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:37 am

That's a new one on me, I'd never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 am

You and me both. I can not even believe all the same boys are eating out each night.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:58 am

And where does that money come from, I'd like to know? It may be cheap when it's once in a while but every night it does add up.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 am

Not including my son....but the rest of the kids get it from their allowance. We are in a suburb and some of those kids get over $50 per month in pocket money. My son never has that in pocket money, though he does have spare money during months he gets to work with his dad. He gets $5 per hour.

In my opinion, he should work for nothing, but that is a battle I have lost. But that money goes toward "must have" shoes, tee's and the like.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 am

At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?

I'd say 13/14? That's about how old I was. But each night is a lot, I was allowed maybe once a week, and I did use my allowance.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 am

I would say 14/15 and not every night.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Not including my son....but the rest of the kids get it from their allowance. We are in a suburb and some of those kids get over $50 per month in pocket money. My son never has that in pocket money, though he does have spare money during months he gets to work with his dad. He gets $5 per hour.

In my opinion, he should work for nothing, but that is a battle I have lost. But that money goes toward "must have" shoes, tee's and the like.

At least your son is being taught the value of the dollar by working with his Dad and getting paid for it. Some of these teens today no nothing about earning their own money, they want and they want and their parents give.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Depends on the size of the town, but certainly not every night. What kind of parent lets their kid eat fast food every night?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:17 pm

I think it more depends on where the fast food place is, and how far a distance it is from the house. Also the time. There's a Coney Island restaurant right around the block from my house; if my daughter wanted to meet some friends up there at around five or six o'clock and have dinner, that's fine. After seven would be an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

At least your son is being taught the value of the dollar by working with his Dad and getting paid for it. Some of these teens today no nothing about earning their own money, they want and they want and their parents give.

Indeeeeeed, as kids we would've loved to get $50 a week but I find it not only unrealistic but poor planning because yes, we had to work for the money we got and we learned how long it took to build up enough to do anything with.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

It is insane how parents give and give. I am always on my son's tail about the value of a dollar and he gets it most of the time. Yet there are times I shake my head....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints?   At what age should kids be allowed to meet friends out for dinner at fast food joints? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1