If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…

Go down 
+8
Cheaps
RedBedroom
zthatzmanz28
Suzi
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Shale
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… Empty
PostSubject: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 am

Would you accept a guaranteed, lifetime allowance of $50,000 per year (adjusted for inflation $4166.67/month) if accepting it meant that you could never again earn money from either work or investments?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:46 am

Lemme see. Double what I've ever earned in life without working to earn any more money. Just do volunteer work or goof off.

Hmmm
thinking
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 am

I don't think so. Our state has an instant lottery game that will pay $1,000 a week for life as a top prize. That works out to about the same thing. If I ever won that it would just mean a more comfortable retirement but it's not enough for me to quit my job. That's just me.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't think so. As much as I would jump on it now, that would just be supplemental income for me. I don't want to be told how much money I can make. In 20, hell or even in 10 years....$4100 may not be enough to live on.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Since we are retired , that would be a very nice bonus.
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 pm

If it meant doing whatever I wanted, never having to worry about income and going wherever I wanted? I would do it in a heart beat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I think I would jump on that if it was guaranteed until death.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:57 am

Yup, I can do that.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:41 pm

It would tempt the hell out of me to accept that set up, but I don't know....maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

I don't think so, no. As of now, I could probably make due with that amount, but I have a feeling that as soon as I agreed to it the cost of living would rise higher than it now and that figure would wind up stretching too thin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:14 pm

I dont know about never working again but I would take that amount and not work for at least a decade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…   If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year… Empty

Back to top Go down

If you had the chance to not work again and earn $50k a year…
Page 1 of 1