CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
7 posters

Movie Theatre seats

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Movie Theatre seats  Empty Movie Theatre seats

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 am

I to want to ask why is it, that there are people out there that arrive to see a movie about 10 minutes before it starts, and expect people to move from their chosen seats so they can sit. I'm all for being nice and sharing... BUT, it irks me no end to have someone ask me to move so they can sit together with their companion. Here's the scenario:

Me and my SO always arrive 15 to 20 minutes early to a movie. We have particular seats that we like, middle ways up, center of the screen. Then as time goes by people are searching for their seats invariably two people will chose seats and leave a seat vacant on either side of us. We've come to expect this and see it happen all over the theater. It never fails, someone will ask us to slide over so they can get two seats together, there's usually other seats available. Our thinking is this: why is it people come in late and expect others to give up their chosen seats so they can have prime seats together? Will those people that do this, give me your thinking on this. And a couple of times one of us has said "NO, we're not moving..." and we're cussed at or glared at like we're heathens.

Our point too, is this, we got there early to pick our seats & have been sitting there nearly 20 minutes ... you come in at the last minute and expect to find prime seat or maybe they're your favorite seats too.. why don't you get there early and get your seats like we do or wait until the next movie? Other than the obvious answer that maybe one or both of us is selfish..we'd still like your thoughts on this. Why do you do this?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Movie Theatre seats  Empty Re: Movie Theatre seats

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:33 am

People are just rude. If there is other good seating there is no reason why you two should get up when you have pre-planned the seating you both like.

What I would try instead of just a plain ol' "no" (even though there is nothing wrong with that) would be to point out seating where they could sit together. Just point and say, "There's two seats together over there." I would think most people would take the hint and then move on their way to the seats you pointed out or to go bother somebody else to move.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I never have that problem as I go to matinees, often on Friday and it is seldom if ever crowded.

However, I would never presume to ask a pre-seated person to move (especially a New Yorker Shocked ). If there were single seats on either side, we would just sit in them. Ppl often volunteer to scoot over, which gets a 'thank you, I appreciate that.'
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

I wouldn't move if the person is being an asshole about it. Otherwise, Shrugs (Oh well…). It hasn't been an issue so far.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:11 am

Alan Smithee wrote:I wouldn't move if the person is being an asshole about it. Otherwise, Shrugs (Oh well…). It hasn't been an issue so far.

co-signs I've been asked to move, which I really don't mind moving a seat over, and I've asked others to move, and they've never seemed to mind either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:54 am

I usually don't give up my seats. Fuck em. I have a complex about that. Reminds me of segregation. Just like I never sit in the back of the bus.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 am

I have a specific place I want to sit & get there early to get it. I'm not moving for anyone. They will just have to get there earlier next time. If they're that rude they're probably talkers anyway so now they can discuss the movie with each other AFTER the movie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:50 am