CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Shale
CeCe
Chris
9 posters

'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman Empty 'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman

Post by Chris Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Is anyone else annoyed when the more conservative media keeps imploring about how the 'rush to judgement' where George Zimmerman is concerned, and waiting until we have 'all the facts?' He killed a kid who he stalked beforehand. What other facts do we need?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman Empty Re: 'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman

Post by CeCe Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Agree. There is no "rush to judgment" in this. Zimmerman lost the benefit of that doubt when he went after Trayvon Martin. We pretty much already have all the facts we will ever need. Why this man continues to walk free is shocking.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman Empty Re: 'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman

Post by Shale Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh, poor George Zimmerman. For those who feel real sympathy for this stupid killer, you can now send him money online.

Attorney: Zimmerman defense fund website is real

MIKE SCHNEIDER
    From Associated Press

April 10, 2012

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — An attorney for George Zimmerman on Tuesday confirmed the authenticity of a new website that allows supporters to donate money for the neighborhood watch volunteer who has admitted to fatally shooting an unarmed black teen in Florida.

All the money raised from the site, srsly?_gofinditurself.com, will go to Zimmerman, said attorney Craig Sonner.

Zimmerman is at the center of an investigation over the shooting of Trayvon Martin, 17. Zimmerman says he shot Martin in self-defense after following him in a gated community in Sanford on Feb. 26.

Martin, who was unarmed, was black. Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is Hispanic. The lack of an arrest has inspired nationwide protests and some claims of racial profiling, which Zimmerman's supporters deny.

"I am the real George Zimmerman," the website said. "As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries."

The website described the shooting as "a life altering event" and said that any money raised will be used to pay for Zimmerman's living expenses and lawyers. A page on the site allows visitors to leave comments and make donations through Paypal or major credit cards.

A spokesman for Martin's parents said he considered it troubling that Zimmerman referred to the shooting as "a life altering event."

"For Trayvon Martin and his family, this was a 'life-ending event' that wiped out a bright future and a world of opportunity," said spokesman Ryan Julison.

The site adds that Zimmerman is unable to talk about the case in detail for now so that the investigation can move forward "unhindered."

"I am grateful to my friends that have come to my aid, whether publicly or personally, never questioning my integrity or actions," Zimmerman said on the site. "Once again, I thank you for your patience and I assure you, the facts will come to light."

A registry shows that the website was created last weekend.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Seems like he would just get his daddy, the judge to help him. His life is tough? Well boofuckinhoo. At least he has one.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 pm

It's not so much annoying as it is predictable. Who gives a fuck what conservative media thinks. You already know that they're going to spin this to fit their own absurd agenda. It's expected. George Zimmerman stalked Trayvon, picked a fight with him and then killed him. The facts and the evidence speak for themselves. Only thing left to do is charge his ass and prosecute him. I'm more annoyed with how long the process is taking than what some hatemonger's two cents is.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Updated at 5:21 p.m. ET: The attorneys for George Zimmerman, the Florida community watch volunteer who fatally shot unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, said Tuesday they have lost touch with their client and are withdrawing from the case.

Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig said at a news conference outside the Seminole County Courthhouse in Sanford, Fla., that they heard that Zimmerman had contacted a special prosecutor, who will decide whether or not to press charges against him, against their advice.

They said they have not talked to Zimmerman, whose location is not known, in at least two days but in the past had spoken with him over the phone. “We can’t represent him unless he comes forward and asks us,” Uhrig said.
    Advertise | AdChoices

"We have a pretty good idea where he (Zimmerman) is," Uhrig said, but added that Zimmerman is not answering the phone. The attorneys said they thought Zimmerman was still in the United States, but not likely in Florida.

Uhrig said Zimmerman had called Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity, which also worried them. "We believe he spoke directly to Sean," Uhrig said. Fox News representative Dana Klinghoffer declined to elaborate to NBC News on the nature of Zimmerman's relationship with Hannity, saying it would be addressed on the show.

The attorneys said they still believe in Zimmerman's story that he was attacked by Martin and fired in self-defense.

The attorneys also expressed concern about Zimmerman's "emotional and physical safety" and said he may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. They also have reservations about a website Zimmerman set up to solicit money for help in his defense.

"Him setting up his own website is fine," Sonner said. "I wish he would have told me.” Sonner, the first attorney Zimmerman contacted, said he had been working on the case for free.

Zimmerman, whose father is white and his mother Hispanic, says he shot Martin, who was black, in self-defense Feb. 26 after following him in a gated community in Sanford.

Uhrig said that evidence, including a broken nose sustained by Zimmerman, confirms Zimmerman's account of what transpired the night Martin was shot.

“All the evidence that has come out is consistent with the story that George Zimmerman has told,” Uhrig said. He said Martin supporters have focused on "driving racial divisions" in the community.

Natalie Jackson, an attorney for the Martin family, responded to the news conference with a statement obtained by NBC News.

"These attorneys continue to make irresponsible statement to the media," Jackson said. "Not only have they spoken recklessly about racial issues, enflaming passions and reinforcing sterotypes, but now they have throw their own client, George Zimmerman, under the bus by allluding to his possible flight from justice."

"The family is very concerned he's (Zimmerman) unaccounted for, the killer of their son. It all begs the question of whether he will ever be brought to justice," Benjamin Crump, another Martin family attorney, told NBC News.

The lack of an arrest or charges in the case has sparked protests nationwide with many claiming that Zimmerman confronted Martin because of his race. Zimmerman's supporters deny that.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey is investigating the fatal shooting in Florida. She said on Monday said she would not convene a grand jury probe. The U.S. Justice Department is also looking into the case.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/10/11124992-george-zimmermans-attorneys-withdraw-from-trayvon-martin-case?lite/

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 pm

They know he's done. Zimmerman knows he's done. Any lawyer with a shred of common sense would stay away from defending him. The prosecutor is going to decide if she will bring up charges or not... but because of that, they can't try him for first degree murder, which is what he should get. Manslaughter is the minimal acceptable and even that's too lenient.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 am

Zimmerman may not even still be in the US, his (ex) lawyers said he was in the US, but they also said they didn't know where he is. So either they are lying or it is possible that he has flown the coop.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Suzi wrote:Zimmerman may not even still be in the US, his (ex) lawyers said he was in the US, but they also said they didn't know where he is. So either they are lying or it is possible that he has flown the coop.

I don't think he's in the US either. Another reason why bringing him to justice has been futile. He wasn't even considered a flight risk.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm more annoyed by the liberal media and folks around America exploiting this kid's tragic death for politics. So we loot a convenience store cause this kid was killed? Yeah, that'll do him justice. I do think there was a rush to judgment in regards to George Zimmerman. The media's manipulation of the facts prove that. The guy was still wrong but the picture of him as this white racist is just looking more and more ridiculous. ("White Hispanic!" Funny how Hispanics are minorities when it's convenient for the media, but when it's more convenient that they be white, then they are white.)The rush to judgment seems to be less that Zimmerman was wrong and more this media frenzy in response to it. I think the media and American response to Martin's death is disgracing the kid's memory. They are turning it into a circus. So yes, this circus the media's contriving is what is pissing me off.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I'm more annoyed by the liberal media
    WHAT A SHOCKER!
    Shocked

Forgiveness Man wrote:The guy was still wrong but the picture of him as this white racist is just looking more and more ridiculous. ("White Hispanic!" Funny how Hispanics are minorities when it's convenient for the media, but when it's more convenient that they be white, then they are white.)
    Hispanic IS considered to be a minority ethnicity in the United States of America. That has no bearing on whether or not the person is "white". Hispanics can be white, black or mixed! They're still "Hispanic" and they're still minorities either way. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether he is Hispanic or not, because he could have been a racist either way. I'm not saying that he IS a racist and ultimately WHY he decided to kill Trayvon Martin will be answered during the trial. But as far as I see it, the only people really concerned about his "Hispanic-ness" (or lack thereof) are white conservatives looking to blame the media for attacking white people somehow. Blacks don't seem to care whether Zimmerman was Hispanic or not, nor do the "liberals".

Forgiveness Man wrote:The rush to judgment seems to be less that Zimmerman was wrong and more this media frenzy in response to it. I think the media and American response to Martin's death is disgracing the kid's memory. They are turning it into a circus. So yes, this circus the media's contriving is what is pissing me off.
    Now THIS I actually agree with!
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 pm

How is this a rush to judgement?
    Fact is Trayvon Martin would still be alive and George Zimmerman wouldn't be up the creek if Zimmerman hadn't profiled the boy, stalked, harassed and ultimately killed him for no other reason than his color. He wouldn't have done that to a 17 year old white boy. Furthermore Zimmerman had a gun, Martin had Skittles. How fair was that fight? The buffoon called the police paranoid over nothing and they told him plain as day to NOT follow him and yet he did it anyway. These are all the "facts" I need. The conservative faction hates this story because it shines a light on what they usually try to ignore or sweep under the rug, but in the meantime they haven't presented anything to contradict any of the facts that have come to light. Instead they've tried to either deflect by using terms like "rush to judgement" or have looked under rocks to try and find dirt on Martin to smirch his character to make him look like a thug who deserved what he got. Bullshit.

There is no rush to judgement here. Zimmerman is as guilty as the word implies and should be treated accordingly.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 pm

JM130ELM wrote:How is this a rush to judgement?
    Fact is Trayvon Martin would still be alive and George Zimmerman wouldn't be up the creek if Zimmerman hadn't profiled the boy, stalked, harassed and ultimately killed him for no other reason than his color. He wouldn't have done that to a 17 year old white boy. Furthermore Zimmerman had a gun, Martin had Skittles. How fair was that fight? The buffoon called the police paranoid over nothing and they told him plain as day to NOT follow him and yet he did it anyway. These are all the "facts" I need. The conservative faction hates this story because it shines a light on what they usually try to ignore or sweep under the rug, but in the meantime they haven't presented anything to contradict any of the facts that have come to light. Instead they've tried to either deflect by using terms like "rush to judgement" or have looked under rocks to try and find dirt on Martin to smirch his character to make him look like a thug who deserved what he got. Bullshit.

There is no rush to judgement here. Zimmerman is as guilty as the word implies and should be treated accordingly.

'Rush to judgement' about George Zimmerman 35166

Where you been?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:53 pm

People really have concocted a bunch of stories in their head to paint Zimmerman the "White Hispanic" as some skinhead. It's not "fact," it's just emotion. It's people seeing what they want to see. Frankly, I don't care about Zimmerman. I'll let the courts deal with him. Hope they punish him appropriately for his crime. It's just that every passing day, the "outrage" over this case makes the entire thing more of a circus. People don't care about Martin; he's just convenient to exploit. The circus created out of this by this supposedly seeking "justice" for him is doing everything but.

This case is just one of those blue moon murders America actually pays attention to when we can make it sudsy enough, while forgetting all the rest of the lives lost that don't make for nearly as juicy news stories.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 pm

JM130ELM wrote:How is this a rush to judgement?

co-signs
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Chris wrote:Is anyone else annoyed when the more conservative media keeps imploring about how the 'rush to judgement' where George Zimmerman is concerned, and waiting until we have 'all the facts?' He killed a kid who he stalked beforehand. What other facts do we need?
    Let me just play devils advocate for a moment:

Although on the surface it does look like George Zimmerman was the aggressor, in that he engaged Trayvon Martin, and Trayvon ended up dead while he walked away, those are presumably NOT all of the facts in the case. There is a reason why we have due process in this country and calling George Zimmerman guilty of murder before he's even had a fair trial where all of the facts have come out is not fair and not how our legal justice system is supposed to work. In the court of public opinion, people are ALWAYS labelled guilty until proven innocent. However, in a court of law it's supposed to be the opposite. So instead of "rushing to judgement", why not just wait and see how the facts reveal themselves and how the case actually plays out in a court room.

Having said that...

The conservative media outlets that point out the public's "rush to judgement" in this case really needs to shut the fuck up! They ALWAYS rush to judgement whenever one of the evil "liberals" says or does something that their side disagrees with. Did we all just forget about Rush Limbaugh all of a sudden? In fact, rushing to judgement is a staple of ALL media (conservative and liberal). The only difference is in which side of a story they choose to attack and which side they choose to defend. Anytime someone perceived as a white, Christian, heterosexual could possibly be suspected in committing a "hate crime", conservative media rushes in with the "don't rush to judgement" argument. Anytime a minority is accused of exactly the same thing, conservative media rushes to judgement! So it's a very hypocritical position the stance that they take on issues like these. The job of the conservative media is to make life better (or appear better) for white, Christian, conservatives often at the expense of everyone else. It is, what it is! And this whole magic routine of sleight of hand and misdirection that conservative media has played in the Trayvon Martin death case is proof of that. Right now, they would have you believe that the liberal media is out to get George Zimmerman simply because of the coverage and attention this case has been getting.

The FACT of the matter is that this case would have gotten ZERO attention from the media (liberal or conservative) if there hadn't been widespread protests resulting from social media. Because the real issue here isn't that George Zimmerman is being made out to be "guilty", it's the fact that he killed Trayvon Martin, was not charged with a crime and was out walking the streets with NO ANSWERS to why this happened! Everything else in this case has been a sideshow! From George Zimmerman's race, to whether or not he acted on racial profiling, to how "no good" Trayvon Martin was as a kid, to fake pictures, to shady lawyers to Skittles! It's all bullshit meant to distract us from the real issue, because the real issue here is that this case needed to be investigated, George Zimmerman needed to be arrested, charged with a crime, and given a court date to where his guilt or innocence could be determined. That's it! It's not that the liberal media has "rushed to judgement" regarding George Zimmerman, it's there was never any due process to begin with. Now that there is, people need to shut the hell up about it and wait and see how it plays out.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:People really have concocted a bunch of stories in their head to paint Zimmerman the "White Hispanic" as some skinhead. It's not "fact," it's just emotion.
    I haven't heard anything about him being portrayed as a skinhead in the media or by anyone else. This sounds more like paranoia to me. I heard him referred to as "white" before official mugshots of him came out (presumably because of his Jewish name Zimmerman), then after his pictures came out, everyone started calling him Hispanic. But none of that ever really mattered to me (nor as far as I can tell anyone else except the people who keep harping on just how 'Hispanic' he is). At the end of the day, he is not BLACK and I think that is the only significance his race has in this case (since there is a belief that Trayvon Martin was racially profiled). Nobody really cares whether Zimmerman is hispanic or not and I doubt anyone is really trying to paint him as a skinhead.

Forgiveness Man wrote:It's people seeing what they want to see. Frankly, I don't care about Zimmerman. I'll let the courts deal with him. Hope they punish him appropriately for his crime. It's just that every passing day, the "outrage" over this case makes the entire thing more of a circus. People don't care about Martin; he's just convenient to exploit. The circus created out of this by this supposedly seeking "justice" for him is doing everything but.

This case is just one of those blue moon murders America actually pays attention to when we can make it sudsy enough, while forgetting all the rest of the lives lost that don't make for nearly as juicy news stories.
    This part I'm actually going to agree with. big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:15 pm

captainbryce wrote: ...The FACT of the matter is that this case would have gotten ZERO attention from the media (liberal or conservative) if there hadn't been widespread protests resulting from social media. Because the real issue here isn't that George Zimmerman is being made out to be "guilty", it's the fact that he killed Trayvon Martin, was not charged with a crime and was out walking the streets with NO ANSWERS to why this happened! Everything else in this case has been a sideshow! From George Zimmerman's race, to whether or not he acted on racial profiling, to how "no good" Trayvon Martin was as a kid, to fake pictures, to shady lawyers to Skittles! It's all bullshit meant to distract us from the real issue, because the real issue here is that this case needed to be investigated, George Zimmerman needed to be arrested, charged with a crime, and given a court date to where his guilt or innocence could be determined. That's it! It's not that the liberal media has "rushed to judgement" regarding George Zimmerman, it's there was never any due process to begin with. Now that there is, people need to shut the hell up about it and wait and see how it plays out.

co-signs

That was the whole problem and they finally arrested Zimmerman for the public good. Those protests were getting ugly. Not just words any more with the New Black Panther Party putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head and Neo Nazi's claiming to be armed and hanging around Sanford in case of an uprising against whites. (They were not too particularly fond of 'Hispanic' Zimmerman but any excuse for a race battle). The day before the announcement that Zimmerman was arrested, a sheriffs car was shot at in Sanford.

So, despite all the political correctness expressed by the prosecutor in her long newsbrief, he was in fact arrested because the court of public opinion was about to pass sentence. Now it feels much calmer. All anyone wanted was due process to take place, to not let a killer walk free just because he claimed to be afraid for his life.

I hope we can get rid of our vigilante 'self-defence' law and the other 20 states foolish enuf to follow Florida's example should consider the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 pm