CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

So glad today isn't Friday the Thirteenth.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rant So glad today isn't Friday the Thirteenth.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Today is already shaping up to be a strange day. So glad it is not the 13th otherwise I would fear the remainder of the day.

I am going on my first road trip with my dad and my family. It's for a funeral and it is nice we all ended up able to travel together. Travel plans were a bit willy nilly for a spell yesterday.

Anyway, the pessimist in me is breaking out and I just know Dad is going to get pissed at some point tonight. While he will be grateful he does not have to drive in Chicago alone, he will most likely get disgruntled over something to do with his brand new car.

But that's not the strange part. My iPod Touch serves as an alarm in the morning and so when I grabbed the noise maker, I also saw I had a Facebook notification. I checked it. It was from the one and only blind date I have ever had. He was just checking up and seeing how I was doing....um...17 years later? Uh, ok. (somebody somewhere has said Facebook is the devil...)

I have already drafted a flippant note back in my head! Not sure I will send or not. I did a little Facebook profile stalking and see he now teaches special education in another state...clearly evolved from the douche canoe he was during our two adventures together!

So, I thought that was strange enough but then the absolute strangest thing happened less than an hour after later. I booked our hotel late last night. I called the hotel direct as I don't want any b.s. with Dad with us. So, I booked with the guy who answered. This morning at seven, this guy calls me back. He says, "Is this "Redbedroom" who reserved a room...blah blah blah.." I said I was.

He said, "I thought you were really funny during the call last night and was hoping you would be free to get together some time this weekend while you are in town." Honestly, instead of being creeped out, I thought for sure he was calling as part of some sort of radio contest or something like that. Well, he wasn't.

So now I have most likely pissed him off and he will key my dad's new car tonight, proving I booked the "wrong" hotel because I am five years old and don't know how to act in the big ol city. Or if I'm "lucky" it's all part of a scam and this guy now has my full name and debit card number.

It's a great day to be me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Rant Re: So glad today isn't Friday the Thirteenth.

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:34 pm

And to top it off this is all to go to a funeral? big hugz Look on the bright side, Red. You still got it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Today is already shaping up to be a strange day. So glad it is not the 13th otherwise I would fear the remainder of the day.

I am going on my first road trip with my dad and my family. It's for a funeral and it is nice we all ended up able to travel together. Travel plans were a bit willy nilly for a spell yesterday.

Anyway, the pessimist in me is breaking out and I just know Dad is going to get pissed at some point tonight. While he will be grateful he does not have to drive in Chicago alone, he will most likely get disgruntled over something to do with his brand new car.

But that's not the strange part. My iPod Touch serves as an alarm in the morning and so when I grabbed the noise maker, I also saw I had a Facebook notification. I checked it. It was from the one and only blind date I have ever had. He was just checking up and seeing how I was doing....um...17 years later? Uh, ok. (somebody somewhere has said Facebook is the devil...)

I have already drafted a flippant note back in my head! Not sure I will send or not. I did a little Facebook profile stalking and see he now teaches special education in another state...clearly evolved from the douche canoe he was during our two adventures together!

So, I thought that was strange enough but then the absolute strangest thing happened less than an hour after later. I booked our hotel late last night. I called the hotel direct as I don't want any b.s. with Dad with us. So, I booked with the guy who answered. This morning at seven, this guy calls me back. He says, "Is this "Redbedroom" who reserved a room...blah blah blah.." I said I was.

He said, "I thought you were really funny during the call last night and was hoping you would be free to get together some time this weekend while you are in town." Honestly, instead of being creeped out, I thought for sure he was calling as part of some sort of radio contest or something like that. Well, he wasn't.

So now I have most likely pissed him off and he will key my dad's new car tonight, proving I booked the "wrong" hotel because I am five years old and don't know how to act in the big ol city. Or if I'm "lucky" it's all part of a scam and this guy now has my full name and debit card number.

It's a great day to be me.

A) Don't even bother responding to the Facebook guy b) I hope you told the hotel clerk you are in a relationship so that ends that with him c) don't worry about the car it will be o.k. they have surveillance cameras all over.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

A) Don't even bother responding to the Facebook guy b) I hope you told the hotel clerk you are in a relationship so that ends that with him c) don't worry about the car it will be o.k. they have surveillance cameras all over.

Good advice.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:02 am

Tony, thank you so much for the excellent advice. My first inclination was to ignore A. as I knew my high school best friend (who set us up) would totally want me to respond. But then I thought, "um.....don't tell her..."

The hotel thing worked out. My intention was to tell the person about the phone call when I checked out today but we had a mess of directions to where we needed to go so after the front desk person helped us so much, I hated to bug her with a complaint. So, I will send a letter to the place, annonymous, and let the situation be known.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Glad things worked out ok Red.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks CeCe!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:43 pm