CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Cinco de Mayo

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Cinco de Mayo Empty Cinco de Mayo

Post by Shale Thu May 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Esta Sabado es Cinco de Mayo.

Just so you know, it is not Mexican Independence Day.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a celebration held on May 5. It is celebrated nationwide in the United States and regionally in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla, where the holiday is called El Dia de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla).The date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride, and to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War. In the state of Puebla, the date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.

Contrary to widespread popular belief, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico—which is actually celebrated on September 16.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Cinco de Mayo Empty Re: Cinco de Mayo

Post by Cheaps Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 am

Cinco de Mayo MJZ335

I'll be watching the Mayweather/Cotto fight!!

I'm neutral on this one, just wanna see a GOOD FIGHT!!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm

I LOVE Cinco de Mayo! We always joke around a lot and have some inside jokes about it...nothing racist, I promise. Just one year, we had some "you had to be there" moments on Cinco de Mayo and act silly every year.

So, this year, I was tired as hell from having a rummage sale all day, yet decided to treat the neighbors to margaritas. It was fun, kinda. It became very cold windy so the fire was annoying. And when I went to buy the margaritas, a neighbor who was coming to my party decided to move our fire pit to her yard. (fyi, this was not the next door neighbor I really like) I was kinda pissed at first but in the end was happy because that afforded me the ability to leave early.

I had an impromptu "quatro de mayo" party Friday when I was busy setting up my rummage sale. So, that went until after three in the morning and I was tired as heck for the sale. So, by 11 Saturday night, I was so ready to cuddle up in bed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:58 am