Worst books you ever read Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst books you ever read

Go down 
+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Worst books you ever read Empty
PostSubject: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 am

What are the worst books you ever read?

For me:
Wuthering Heights
A Tale of Two Cities (I know it's deemed a classic, but bleh.)
The Brothers Karamazov
Enchantment
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:29 am

I can't even remember Wurthering Heights, I must've finally succeeded in blocking it out of my mind.

I did not care for Lord of the Flies, and I couldn't get into The Inheritors either.

I wasn't too fond of Thinner, not some of King's better works, no wonder he did it under Richard Bachman, eh?

Worst books you ever read 978355 I'm probably really going to get some odd stares for this one, but yes, I read that book Freak, about Michael Jackson by...I don't remember. Morbid curiosity I suppose...and for all crap, or most of it anyway...if you believe anything that guy writes, you'll buy a bridge from somebody too.

Hmmmmmmmmm, can't think of many others because usually if I don't like a book, I quit reading it at the point I figure it out.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:49 pm

I HATED Lord of the Flies - would totally agree about that one.

Watership Down - talk about a cure for insomnia

There was one book I read in first year Eng. again in third year Eng. that was so bad that I didn't even rememebr reading it until I got to the last page. I know there are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head

There have been plenty of books I've started and then quit 'cause they were so bad.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Most of the books I had to read for school. Razz Yeah, I agree that A Tale of Two Cities is VERY meh. Maybe it would've been better had it been a lot shorter.
Back to top Go down
jade80
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: worst books   Worst books you ever read EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:34 am

The Time Traveler's Wife :x
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I liked all the books that were required reading, less text books, but those don't count! So, as far as recreational reading, I guess there are none because I quit them if I don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Of course, I'm sure a lot of people, even if they can't get into it, don't like it, some of them WILL still read it to the end, like if it's a famous book, just to try and figure out what the hell the big deal about it is. That's what I did when I read Lord of the Flies, I didn't like it, I couldn't keep track of what was going on, but I read from beginning to end and at the end of it all I was like ' what the fuck?! what is the big deal made about this book?'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst books you ever read   Worst books you ever read Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst books you ever read
Page 1 of 1