CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

major bathroom problem: any ideas???

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Hot major bathroom problem: any ideas???

Post by wants2laugh Sun May 13, 2012 5:11 am

ok.. about a month ago my bathroom wreaked of mildew/mold like that strong strong odor. it seemed to be coming from the toilet.. and i bleached and bleached.. smell gone. a few days later, there were these tiny moth looking type of flies all over the toilet area and the shower!! GROSS... so i was sparying them and whacking them! and the odor came back... but there was no water anywhere... i thought it had to be a leak of somekind for the bugs to be there.

so i called maintenace and told them i thought it was a seal problem with the toilet... they replaced the seal... and the guy couldnt figure what was up with the flies so he sprayed and no more flies. here iam 2wks later and the damn flies are back. i was going to try to keep some moth balls high on a shelf so the cat wont get it... but i would rather find out WHY i got the damn things.

any ideas?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Hot Re: major bathroom problem: any ideas???

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 13, 2012 8:16 am

Sorry for your troubles babe. The insects sound like they're drain flies. Google that to learn more. As to the mildew smell, you may have a small leak in the pipes somewhere that can't be seen. Sorry I can't be of more definite help. On the bright side you don't have to pay to have this fixed.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 am

Not trying to be funny or anything but it could be a dead mouse or something in the area and that would explain the flies.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 am

Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon May 14, 2012 9:47 am

Did you bleach the sink and tub drains, too? Those are a big source of mold/mildew, and just pouring some straight bleach down there, once per week, will help kill off microbes. It'll also help keep the drains clear and running smoothly, because it breaks down clogged up gunk/hairballs, etc., and is basically the same thing as Draino or Liquid Plumber.

The flies--not sure what to do about those, but you could hang a sheet of fly-paper near the toilet to catch them. (But just make sure you don't grab the fly paper instead of the toilet paper, when you're on the pot!!!) big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 pm