CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Marc™
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Shale
CeCe
Tony Marino
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Chris
13 posters

Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager? Empty Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager?

Post by Chris Tue May 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Do you look back on the way you dressed/presented yourself between the ages of, say, fourteen and twenty and cringe? Or do you think you looked good back then?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager? Empty Re: Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Of course I looked good. I was rockin' those bell bottom jeans. Wink
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager? Empty Re: Are you embarrassed by the way you dressed as a teenager?

Post by Supernova Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

I do wonder about some of the jeans I mutilated and cut whole patches out of and slit open with a knife, other than that though, there ain't much difference in how I dressed then and how I dressed now, a lot of my shirts from that time are the same that I have now.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm

I pretty much kept in style so I never felt embarrassed about my clothing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Nah
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 15, 2012 3:13 pm

The benefit of being a bit of a nerd was not really paying attention to how you dressed. Actually, I think my mom dressed me. I don't really recall buying my clothes by myself. In winter wore plaid flannel shirts and khaki pants with brown leather shoes. Summer wore short sleeved shirts Khaki or blue jeans.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Nope.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm

No to first question. Yes to the second.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 16, 2012 1:55 am

Not really. I was fly.
    And while some of what I wore back then might be slightly dated today....it wasn't that long ago to the point where if you saw a picture you'd laugh.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 16, 2012 2:03 am

in the 80s we KNEW how to dress... we always looked "dressed up"... everything was coordinated into outfits... we all had blazers, cavariccis, awesome clothes!!! our HAIR was a totally different story... but the clothes were fly! Smile
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed May 16, 2012 2:45 am

Only a few. The 60's from start to finish is still my favorite decade all-around, even for clothes. I have old photos where I cringe but not many.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 am

Super embarrassed. I dressed like a boy because I was overweight and didn't think I could wear the latest trends.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm not embarrassed because we all looked that way. One thing that makes me want to just slap the shit out of my self is my uniform when I got my first official job at a nursing home in housekeeping at 16.

We had to wear smock tops and men's work pants. I LOVED how good my butt looked in those pants! Sooooo...I tucked in the freakin' smock! I had huge pockets in th sides and was not meant to be tucked in and I still did. I can't imagine why showing my cute little butt (I can say that because it is by far not cute or little anymore!!) was more important than avoiding looking like a dumb ass. And I did it for the first year! Aye...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:58 am