CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Forgiveness Man
captainbryce
Suzi
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Chris
11 posters

Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control? Empty Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control?

Post by Chris Tue May 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Say someone on the street was passing out free condoms to the public and gave some to your thirteen or fourteen year old child. Would you be offended?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control? Empty Re: Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 2:12 pm

That age? Um yeah. Her age now? No.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control? Empty Re: Would you be offended if your child were given free birth control?

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Yes I would.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Not really. I would just assume it was a random thing. By the time my child is that age...he/she isnt going to oblivious to sex anyway.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Some years ago I would have said yes, however now I think no. I worked in a 7-11 for about a year a few years ago and a couple of young boys came in. It was obvious they were up to something, so I wandered back where they were and asked the kid (he looked to be about 12) if he would care to show me what he had put in his pocket. He pulled a small pack of condoms out of his pocket and handed them to me. He said "I though you wouldn't sell the to me". I scolded him for trying to steal from the store and told them to get out of the store. I didn't thankfully laugh at him when that really was my first impulse when seeing condoms in his hand. After he left I gave it some thought and thought that if a kid came in again wanting to buy condoms I would sell them no matter if they only looked 12 years old. Sex should not be a killing offense for any kid, AIDS was rampant at that time and people were dying of it all the time.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue May 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Chris wrote:Say someone on the street was passing out free condoms to the public and gave some to your thirteen or fourteen year old child. Would you be offended?
    No. Presuming that they just happened to have been giving out condoms to everyone at the time. Now, if you're talking some random stranger who specifically targeted my child to give them condoms, that'd be a different story!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 am

Offended? Not sure that's the right word. More like motivated to not let those creeps anywhere near my kid! big grin
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 16, 2012 11:31 am

well... having never had kids, but watching my nephews grow up i would say this:

ALL kids should be given the condom lecture EARLY. I had sex for the first time at 14, and my best friend at 13... so i know kids that young were soing it 25yrs ago... so they ARE doing ti now.

My nephew had a friend whose mother was a devote christian (and bigot... but besides the point). She did not allow his gf over when she was not home, did not want him attending mixed parties (he was 16!!!) and THOUGHT she kept a close eye on him. However, she worked until 7pm, and after school EVERYDAY... his gf came over for sex. we were all sitting at dinner one day, sister, nephew, friend and girlfriend and i ... when my nephew ratted out to me and my sis that his friend and the girl were having unprotected sex while the mother was working. My sister smacked both of the in the back of the head and gave them condoms... "do you know what will happen if you get pregnant or worse... HIV or something... you're parents will kill you if you get pregnant".

about 2mos later.... the mother caught them having sex, blamed it on the girl and forbid them to see each other again. and the boy was attracted to white girls, but the mother said, "its that white devil tempting you son... dont be fooled" .... so he lost his gf and the ability to see any white girls... as soon as he turned 17, he joined the army and left his mother.

Now he is 25, still child free and thanked my sister for making sure that he didnt become a "baby daddy" as a teen.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed May 16, 2012 11:55 am

I do not understand the naivete or absolute ignorance of ppl who think they can prevent teenaged humans from getting out and having sex. Dogs manage to do that and they should not be smarter than your teen kids.

And the cliche of the preacher's daughter being the biggest whore in town has been proven true so many times, you would think those who oppress their kids with the unrealistic (and proven ineffective) Abstinence Only bullshit would get a clue.

That said, kids can usually cop some free condoms in the cities at health clinics and AIDS organizations. They usually have them out in a fishbowl in the lobby. Why would anyone object to kids being given the option for safer sex if they are going to screw around?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 16, 2012 1:15 pm

I don't know if "offended" is the right word....but I wouldn't approve of them being passed out to kids that young.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Thu May 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Guess it would depend on where the hand outs occurred. Just on the street I would be concerned. At a hang out / arcade type place I might feel differently as it is public. I would of course expect my kid to say--Thanks, but I already know where to get them if I need them...
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 18, 2012 1:14 am

Shale wrote:I do not understand the naivete or absolute ignorance of ppl who think they can prevent teenaged humans from getting out and having sex. Dogs manage to do that and they should not be smarter than your teen kids.

And the cliche of the preacher's daughter being the biggest whore in town has been proven true so many times, you would think those who oppress their kids with the unrealistic (and proven ineffective) Abstinence Only bullshit would get a clue.

That said, kids can usually cop some free condoms in the cities at health clinics and AIDS organizations. They usually have them out in a fishbowl in the lobby. Why would anyone object to kids being given the option for safer sex if they are going to screw around?

absolutely agree with you. the woman of whome i spoke actually called and QUIZZED me before she would let the kid come over once. My sis/BIL went to vegas and I stayed at her house with her 3 boys (16, 14, 12). I was 30 at the time. They boys asked me if the friend could spend the night and i told them to ask the mother. The mother got on the phone with me, quizzed me on various subjects such as history/politics etc--- because she claimed tha ti sounded "young". I had known her son since he was 6yrs old---literally! Then she made the comment "I know your sister well enough to know that she would only leave a responsible adult in charge. however, i did meet ur oldest sister once and would feel more comfortable if she were there". the funny thing was that the oldest sister would never be trusted with kids! people are morons

I applaud her efforts to try to monitor/protect her son. however, being completely blind is ridiculous

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:54 am