Forcing people out of the neighborhood Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forcing people out of the neighborhood

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Shale
Nystyle709
Supernova
wants2laugh
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Forcing people out of the neighborhood Empty
PostSubject: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:47 am

If the collective neighborhood deems one neighbor to be a nuisance, do you believe that they have a right to try and force them out? Should there be - in your opinion - a legal course of action to take to make a detrimental neighbor leave?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:50 am

well... never had that problem in my neighborhood... but we are a very tight knit dead end street of families that have spent decades and lifetimes together... literally.

once we had a town meeting with the mayor where my neighbors wanted to put up a toll gate at the top of the dead end street to keep strangers out! LOL no lie.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:51 am

That would've come in handy with some of the nightmares we've had occupying the surrounding houses over the years.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:43 am

No. You didn't buy that house. As long as that neighbor isn't breaking the law....you really can't do.anything..not legally anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

There are exclusive gated communities you can buy into, but even those have to abide by the laws against discrimination.

Having seen 'undesirables' targeted, such as the black family in my white 'burb in the '50s, so NO I do not believe in bigots being able to run someone out of the neighborhood just because they are different in some way.

Having also been targeted in a small 'christian' community when I was living in the woods on my dads place in East Mississippi, I know how the self-righteous bigots work as well.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:50 am

Supernova wrote:
That would've come in handy with some of the nightmares we've had occupying the surrounding houses over the years.

LOL yeah but they way you've described things sometimes I wonder if it isn't your neighbors having a meeting about you? Wink To answer the question, no. You have the right to try and make them comply with local ordinances, etc. and maybe you can take legal action in extreme cases but just because you don't like their looks or politics or religion? No way.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:21 am

Unless they're breaking the law we just have to deal with them.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Unless they are doing damage or harming someone in someway then I say no.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm

When we had total shit neighbors here, it was a black woman with her sons. Well, first off all, these tight asses around here were all afraid from the word go that this family moved in. That pissed me off so bad. I had countless people approach me about how to get my landlord to get rid of them.

But eventually, her idiot sons gave everyone a right to not like them. It wasn't right for people to expect bad behavior because of their color. But then it really sucked when the boys were total jerks and breaking into shit.

Stupid teenage behavior knows no color, and these teens were stupid and reckless and it sucked because I wonder if part of it was, "Well they expect us to do it anyway..."

I think, had they ended up staying, things would have gotten ugly. They were here for a year and once they started to behave badly, people were really gunning for them.

Back to top Go down
ph balanced
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
ph balanced

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Usually I'm the one getting forced out; I don't conform to suburbia. Since moving back to NO, then going to the sticks, I had much better luck with my neighbors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood   Forcing people out of the neighborhood Empty

Back to top Go down

Forcing people out of the neighborhood
Page 1 of 1