Sealing adoption records Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sealing adoption records

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
Supernova
wants2laugh
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Sealing adoption records Empty
PostSubject: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:59 am

Do you think it's ever necessary to keep adoption records sealed? When a child who was given up by his parents reaches maturity, do you think he or she should have a legal right to be informed about who his or her biological parents are?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:03 am

i think the records should be open to the children and parents! if for no other reason but for medical information. What if the parent is diagnosed with some genetic disease and the child has a high potential for that same condition? what if the child needs a kidney and the bio parents cant give it cause they need a real parent?

i know most people would say that once the bio parents give up the child, they want to relinquish all responsibility. However, when you are a parent, it never goes away. Women never get over the pain of adoptiing out a child... regardless of what people say--- it is a loss. and once you bring a child into the world, you have a responsibility to it---FOREVER... a piece of paper doesnt change that... so if u can give a kidney... you have to give the kidney.

people will of course disagree with me... but that's my two cents
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:50 am

Tell the damn kids who their parents are, they DO have a right to know! That's my stand on it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:44 am

No and yes.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:26 am

As far as actual identity I think both sides need to agree. But family/medical history should always be made available.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:31 am

CeCe wrote:
As far as actual identity I think both sides need to agree. But family/medical history should always be made available.
co-signs

I think that is how it is set up these days, respecting the privacy of both offspring and birth parent if they really cannot be connected for whatever reason.

That was how it was done with an older cousin that no one in the family knew existed except my grandmother and aunt. The woman went thru a social service agency who contacted my aunt, who agreed to be identified to her birth daughter.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:51 am

i know in some states that you have to go thru this program where if you are both looking, then they hook you up together... but what if the person does not know about the program? what if --- there are many what ifs.

just let the kids know... people suffer great abandonment issues and need closure somethimes... just give it to them.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think it's ever necessary to keep adoption records sealed? When a child who was given up by his parents reaches maturity, do you think he or she should have a legal right to be informed about who his or her biological parents are?

Yes I do think they have the legal right to know where they came from.

Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:21 pm

CeCe wrote:

This all the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sealing adoption records   Sealing adoption records Empty

Back to top Go down

Sealing adoption records
Page 1 of 1