Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first

Go down 
+4
captainbryce
Shale
Cheaps
FireIce918
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first Empty
PostSubject: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:25 am

Thinking about the Chris Brown situation while answering the other question made me think:

Are there any celebs you couldn't stand at first but managed to grow on you, or showed you a side of them that made you respect them?

I couldn't stand Rihanna at first--I can't remember why, but I really do love her music now and respect the way she has built her image up when she could have just given up.

I also didn't like Usher too much at first. He was cool with the first hit single but the album "Nice and Slow" was too much for my tender ears at the time. I don't think I can go a day without listening to him now.

I also had an intense dislike for Kobe Bryant....right now it's just a mild dislike.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:40 am

Hhhmmm...No one comes to mind.

^^ laughing And the album your referring to of Usher's is called "My Way"..."Nice & Slow" was a single.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:36 am

FireIce918 wrote:
...I couldn't stand Rihanna at first--I can't remember why, but I really do love her music now and respect the way she has built her image up when she could have just given up.

Since I am not into the current music scene, I guess Rihanna would be one because I didn't even know who she was until yesterday.

Saw her in that Hasbro action flick Battleship (based on their toy) and she was one of the main actors. IDK how well she really acts, but she was convincingly macha shooting machine guns & cannons & fighting aliens. Have to wait & see if she does any real movies.

Gunners Mate Cora Raikes
Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first Battleship-movie-image-rihanna-branded-600x400

Lt Alex Hopper & GM2 Cora Raikes
Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first Rihanna-battleship-movie

As for me, in the mid '60s I wasn't into this folk singer Bob Dylan but he later grew on me.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:03 pm

I NEVER had any respect for either Chris Brown (as a person, or as a performer). I think he has some catchy songs, but always thought his talent paled in comparison to Usher and Ne-yo (his contemporaries) and certainly compared to Michael Jackson (whom they all try to copy). So the fact that he ended up proved himself to be a douchebag on numerous occasions didn't have as much of an effect on me. As far as Rihanna goes I really can't stand her voice and she seems like a moron to me. The fact is, I think these two overrated and overplayed knuckleheads deserve each other!

To answer the question (artists who I initially had no respect for but gained respect):

Justin Bieber
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:06 pm

It's not respect, but I don't loathe Brandy as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:12 pm

I can't say I ever think much of any celeb, they make a pile of money because they are good looking some with just a minimum of talent. However now and then one stands out. Robin Williams as far as I am concerned over acts pretty much everything, but when his good friend Christopher Reeves was paralyzed he was ready to pick up the bills that Christopher's insurance wouldn't. That is above and beyond the call of duty even for a friend.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:14 pm

captainbryce wrote:
I NEVER had any respect for either Chris Brown (as a person, or as a performer). I think he has some catchy songs, but always thought his talent paled in comparison to Usher and Ne-yo (his contemporaries)

How does his talent pale to theirs when they all are just about on same level talent wise, relatively speaking? Chris Brown can out dance Usher and he certainly outdance Ne-Yo. Neither one of them is a Luther Vandross and neither one of them can act that well. Chris Brown is a talented kid....but no more or less than any of his contemporaries.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Sean Penn and matthew mcconaughhey.....

when penn was younger, he seemed to be a selfish hot head. But when hurricane katrina hit... we saw them both chest high in water, helping people evacuate and spending their money to re-establish the community--- mcconaughey gave so much.. that he even sold his car to donate money.

for the past two years, penn has been involved with the haiti earthquake relief efforts. my nephew in the coast guard was in haiti and got to interact with penn... said that he was awesome.. organized... motivated... and had no sense that he was different from anyone else
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
It's not respect, but I don't loathe Brandy as much as I used to.

I agree.
I'm in 90's nostalgia mode right now....and therefore I've retracted my fangs for her.

Her fans still irritate me though.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Cheaps wrote:
Hhhmmm...No one comes to mind.

^^ laughing And the album your referring to of Usher's is called "My Way"..."Nice & Slow" was a single.

LMAO, I wasn't even allowed to buy the cd because it had that damn "Parental Advisory" sticker on it! My mom treated those like the devil!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first   Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first Empty

Back to top Go down

Flip side....Celebs you respect now but DIDN'T at first
Page 1 of 1