CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Chris
Bluesmama
Supernova
zthatzmanz28
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
12 posters

What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays? Empty What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays?

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Do you think using mowers and trimmers should only be done after a certain time?

To me, on weekends, the absolute earliest should be 10, but I only would ever do it after 11. On the week days, I think 9 is proper.

Around here, people pretty much are respectful that neighbors may be sleeping in.

Right now, the neighbor has had a generator going for the last hour. It is driving me mad!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays? Empty Re: What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Well, I would say anytime in the daytime.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays? Empty Re: What's a respectable time to mow the lawn on the weekends? Weekdays?

Post by Cheaps Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) I guess anytime after 9 or 10 would be good enough for me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I would try not to do it before 9 if could help it unless my neighbors were already mowing theirs. If someone was waking me up I would leave them a message on their lawn written in fertilizer so it would grow faster.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Tue May 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Depends on your neighbors. Where I used to live in the burbs, I started mowing at 7:00 am on the weekends.
    The guy was a jerk. His house was right along the farthest side of my property line and his bedroom was 4 feet from the fence.
    I made it a point to always stop right outside his window and rev the rider and shut it off to cause a back fire.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Any time once it's light out. When it gets hot we start before 7 in the morning or after 8 at night.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm going to pick 8:30. There are not a whole lot of people in this neighborhood who sleep late, anyway.

Luckily for me, all my neighbors to my sides and behind us could mow their lawns at the same time and I'll sleep through it. Yeah, I'm 'one of those'.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue May 22, 2012 10:45 pm

On the weekends, I tend to do it early. Sometimes I'll get out there as early as seven in the morning. During the week days, I'll do it as late as eight in the evening.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Chris wrote:On the weekends, I tend to do it early. Sometimes I'll get out there as early as seven in the morning. During the week days, I'll do it as late as eight in the evening.

I love ya, but if you were my neighbor......
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Chris wrote:On the weekends, I tend to do it early. Sometimes I'll get out there as early as seven in the morning. During the week days, I'll do it as late as eight in the evening.

Day of the week makes no difference for us, only on how hot the day's going to be.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 23, 2012 1:50 am

damn!! I would be throwing some molotov cocktails threw some windows! LOL im a night worker and sleep between 6am and noon!!! :O

my neighbors know and respect this, and i respect them when they are sleeping.... now that i am in an apartment it drives me nuts because EVERY tuesday morning (which is my monday and makes it sooo much worse), the complex mowers are outside my bedroom window.. then they come around with a machine that sucks up all the cut grass, then a guy comes and trims the edges and hedges-- I swear from 8am - 1pm, they are right outside my windows!!! UGH!!!

however, out of conincidence, my neighbor next door and my upper neighbor ALL work the same shift i do... so we wash clothes and run the gargabe disposals at the same time--- after midnight--- even though complex rules forbid it. but if one hears a washer going, we all throw loads in... even at 3am.

i think that living in harmony means respecting others' lifestyles.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 am

It should be after 9 am on a Saturday. The weirdo across the street from me who does not work and is home 24/7 sometimes decides to turn his mower on at 7 am when people are still in bed. Um excuse me you are home all week why dont' you mow you law m-f when other people are at work. The psycho next door to me will mow his lawn up till 10 pm at night, he dosen't care how much noise he makes or who he disturbs.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Whenever it's convenient. Honestly the sound of lawn mowers don't bother me much. I'm more annoyed at having to do it myself than hearing other people do it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I try to not be too noisy before 9 am. But the truth is people work & sleep all hours of the day so there's no specific time to completely avoid disturbing someone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:38 am