ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?

Go down 
+3
CeCe
Alan Smithee
GrayWolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  Empty
PostSubject: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm

If you're atheist do you ever wonder about if you could be wrong about the nonexistence of the man in the sky?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
Nope

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:03 am

Definitely no "man in the sky" (Unless ur talking about Zeus - now he's real)

I am leaning strongly toward atheism, tho I guess I am still an agnostic - so I don't worry about being wrong in my sense of cosmic consciousness. It is all unfolding as it should.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:52 am

Shale wrote:

I am leaning strongly toward atheism, tho I guess I am still an agnostic - so I don't worry about being wrong in my sense of cosmic consciousness.

Ditto. I just didn't feel like making the distinction.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:43 am

well... we can say that now. but there are no athiests in foxholes! when u are close to death, the realization could possibly hit that there is something more
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:58 am

Not for everybody.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:57 am

wants2laugh wrote:
well... we can say that now. but there are no athiests in foxholes! when u are close to death, the realization could possibly hit that there is something more

That's actually a myth repeated ad nauseam by christians. But not true. Here are some of those atheists that have been in foxholes.

http://www.militaryatheists.org/expaif.html

Matthew Chatterton (who maintains a site on the subject of atheism) made an excellent point about this:

Quote :
There are no atheists in foxholes

This one is really insulting. The notion that I would just changed my mind and pray to God if I thought I was about to die is an accusation of cowardice. If I were in a foxhole, what I would do is try to find a way out of that mess. I know, all too well, the track record of prayer. I would see it as only a way to kill time before I die. The reason why we're atheists is because we find the notion of a god to be implausible and unsubstantiated. We find god incredulous. Why would we pray to YOUR god anyways? Why wouldn't we pray to Vishnu or Thor? There are, in fact, plenty of atheists in foxholes; they've even spoken out.

http://957chatterton.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-myths-about-atheists.html
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:13 am

CeCe wrote:
That's actually a myth repeated ad nauseam by christians. But not true. Here are some of those atheists that have been in foxholes.
Thanx for the link CC.

I've never been in a foxhole, never saw combat (worked in an office) and the closest I've come to fighting while in the Air Force was with this so-called 'christian' who found out I did not believe in his god and threatened to put out my Promethean lights. Blue Cool

I was quite open about not having a religion as reflected on my dog tags:

ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  1967USAFRobDogTagWebSml

When I was a teen and doing all sorts of craft things I smoothed the side of a coin and engraved with a steel needle "I am an Atheist - Call a Doctor"

This was a mockery of the Catholic medallions of the day that said "I am Catholic - Call a Priest"
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:26 am

Anytime Shale Wink Matthew's site is really good too. If you're on twitter he's @957Chatterton
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:32 am

I'm not an atheist, but I don't think not believing in God means you're automatically right. Just like athiests contend that He can't be "proven", they can't prove that He doesn't exist either.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:43 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
I'm not an atheist, but I don't think not believing in God means you're automatically right. Just like athiests contend that He can't be "proven", they can't prove that He doesn't exist either.

Thing is, it works both ways. The "believers" certainly aren't automatically right either. But most people who are atheist or agnostic aren't trying to shut down the churches or block the rights of the religious. They just want the religious to stop interfering with their right to live a life in peace without religious dogma being turned into law.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:16 pm

No, not worried at all.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:35 pm

FUNNY-- he said "if i WERE in a foxhole" NOT - "when i was in combat"

i know i know... go to the site there are plenty...but that was the message you selected! Razz LOL
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:45 pm

CeCe wrote:

Thing is, it works both ways. The "believers" certainly aren't automatically right either. But most people who are atheist or agnostic aren't trying to shut down the churches or block the rights of the religious. They just want the religious to stop interfering with their right to live a life in peace without religious dogma being turned into law.

I didn't say that they were automatically right. Quite frankly, I think it's a bit disturbing to go through life not believing in anything, but that's just me. I'm all for science and hard facts the majority of the time...but there are some things that can't be reasoned or explained and I can acknowledge that. The problem is no balance. Most atheists I've witnessed complain about the lamest shit. "One nation under God" is such a detriment to have on currency or in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, but if you're such an atheist and agnostic...those words shouldn't affect you.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:50 pm

"There is no conclusive evidence of life after death. But there is no evidence of any sort against it. Soon enough you will know. So why fret about it?"
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
"There is no conclusive evidence of life after death. But there is no evidence of any sort against it. Soon enough you will know. So why fret about it?"

co-signs What will be will be Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:02 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
FUNNY-- he said "if i WERE in a foxhole" NOT - "when i was in combat"

i know i know... go to the site there are plenty...but that was the message you selected! Razz LOL

TWO different sites LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?    ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?  Empty

Back to top Go down

ATHEISTS: Do you ever get scared of the Fact that you might be wrong about God?
Page 1 of 1