CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
zthatzmanz28
Bluesmama
Supernova
7 posters

'Are you finished with school now?'

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

'Are you finished with school now?' Empty 'Are you finished with school now?'

Post by Supernova Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 pm

The other day I went through the drive-thru window at the bank to cash a check, and the cashier, a woman who went to school with my mother, they're not friends but they know each other, asked me 'so are you done with school now?' And I was like face palm and I told her 'I graduated 3 years ago'. I told my mom and she said if we HADN'T had it in the newspaper when I graduated high school and college, that might be understandable, but most people around here know I haven't been in school since I was 19.

One thing my mother pointed out last night is that I do not look 22, according to her I still look like a teenager, but I would like to know then why I didn't get carded when buying a bottle of champagne for my birthday last year, but I do to buy an R-rated movie or when somebody new is working at the store and needs ID before getting my lottery tickets. I asked my mother the same thing and she said it probably just comes down to who remembers seeing my graduation notice in the papers back then. Very confusing all the same.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

'Are you finished with school now?' Empty Re: 'Are you finished with school now?'

Post by Bluesmama Sat May 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Well, you should have been carded but the cashier may also have a good eye for telling ages (I doubt it's the newspaper grad pics). I shocked (and probably insulted) a woman the other day when I guessed her age precisely ~ 41. She could pass for 29 or 30 but I could see her age somehow. Still, a cashier should remove all doubt ~ cover their asses ~ by carding anyone who looks 25 and up.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

'Are you finished with school now?' Empty Re: 'Are you finished with school now?'

Post by Supernova Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 pm

That's true but then again it was only a teeny tiny $1.50 bottle of champagne and everybody guessed they wouldn't think that's worth carding over, whereas if I had purchased like 3 cases of beer then they probably would.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat May 26, 2012 3:41 pm

I get that all the time. Of course when I am asked it is by people who know I teach and want to know if the year has finally ended.
    Once I had shaved and went into a store to get a 6-pack and with my ball cap I guess I looked weird? The cashier carded me and I was all of 45...when I took my cap off the clerk was like duh...you look 45 now...
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat May 26, 2012 3:46 pm

zthatzmanz28 wrote:I get that all the time. Of course when I am asked it is by people who know I teach and want to know if the year has finally ended.
    Once I had shaved and went into a store to get a 6-pack and with my ball cap I guess I looked weird? The cashier carded me and I was all of 45...when I took my cap off the clerk was like duh...you look 45 now...

ROFLMAO!

I do remember there being an article on MSN about a woman who is in her 40s and still gets carded because supposedly she only looks 18, she doesn't look 18 but she doesn't look anywhere near 40 either, 30 perhaps.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I don't get carded. Neutral
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 am

I still get carded. I don't mind it though.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 28, 2012 8:45 pm

It's hit or miss with my daughter. If someone asks me for ID it's because I asked for a discount.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 am

Think it just depends on who the cashier is. Some are really anal and insist on carding everyone, then you have cashiers who couldn't give 2 shits and not card at all.

I still get carded at times as well, doesn't bother me though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:22 am