CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
tmontyb
Shale
Supernova
CeCe
Alan Smithee
11 posters

Story of Diane Tran, Jailed Texas Honors Student, Sparks Outrage

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Outrage Re: Story of Diane Tran, Jailed Texas Honors Student, Sparks Outrage

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 31, 2012 1:26 pm

i would like to know how she found two jobs in this economy--- there isnt SHIT here... not even convenience store minimum wage jobs! Our 7/11 type of stores called Wawa's are even closing down... and they have been a staple here for over a decade
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Outrage Re: Story of Diane Tran, Jailed Texas Honors Student, Sparks Outrage

Post by Minerva Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm

I saw a interview with the judge when this story first broke. He said he didn't want to appear "soft." Apparently, however, he didn't mind appearing as a jerk.

A judge has power. He does not have to stick to the letter of the law. Only in a police state is the law unbending. This girl had extenuating circumstances that should have been taken into consideration regarding her truancy.

I am glad she knows she has the support of most of the Public. A bright star like hers should be encouraged. How many young people would have been able to take care of a family, get honors in school and work not one but two jobs? How many adults for that matter?

And I agree that her parents have a lot to answer for. They are the ones who should be punished; not her. I hope she has someone to protect any funds she may recieve for help so that her parents will not profit from their behavior.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:49 am