"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Trolls" existed before the Internet.....

Go down 
+4
wants2laugh
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Empty
PostSubject: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:26 am

I visited the local library when I was home last weekend. I ended up reading archives of the happenings of the town in the county newspaper. This paper is still the only paper in the county.

Anyway, I was reading all the articles then it turned out it was an anonymous writer who just "knew" hometown happenings in the 50's and early 60's. Well, once her identity was figured out, there were letters to the editor penned to slam the gossip columnist. So, she quit.

Reading it all made me think so much about how modern day bloggers and forum posters quit posting due to trolls. Yep, trolls existed in the 50's!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:35 am

I suppose that's true to a certain extent Red.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:44 am

I've been working for one for 21 years (although most people have other choice words for her).
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:59 am

i have a friend from high school who was drunk one night, and when i drove her home, she swore the lawn trolls were in different places than before...

now it is a big joke amongst all of us --- she cannot pass a lawn troll without fear and hesitation. I told her to seek help lol
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:02 am

Oh, she's right to be afraid!
"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Zombie-gnomes
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:14 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 am

Dance of the trolls

"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Troll "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Troll"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Troll"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Troll "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Troll"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Troll
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:34 am

ROFLMAO! i asked her on FB tonight if she has seen any lately--- she yelled at me. Says they are evil and possessed by demons! LOL
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 am

wants2laugh wrote:
i have a friend from high school who was drunk one night, and when i drove her home, she swore the lawn trolls were in different places than before...

now it is a big joke amongst all of us --- she cannot pass a lawn troll without fear and hesitation. I told her to seek help lol

Ever think that she was the first character in this horror film who could see what all her friends could not? Wait till they come get you.

"Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Wtf-photos-videos-lawn-of-the-dead

Lawn of the Living Dead!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 am

LOL very good Red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Trolls" existed before the Internet.....   "Trolls" existed before the Internet..... Empty

Back to top Go down

"Trolls" existed before the Internet.....
Page 1 of 1