Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.

Go down 
+8
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Suzi
Bluesmama
Supernova
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Nhaiyel
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. Empty
PostSubject: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am

What do you think of pre-HS graduation ceremonies (kindergarten, 5th & 8th grade, etc.) When you were in school, did your class have these kinds of graduation ceremonies? I recall my 5th grade graduation and how the principal got up and said that, while it's a moment to be proud of, to not look at it as being on par with a high school graduation. Afterwards, I remember my mom saying she thought that was a petty thing for her to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 am

We had kinder grad, and my son did too.

But they don't have 8th grade grad, but we did. It was huge. I hated it. I hated every ceremony like that because I had to worry about Mom passing out in the heat.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 am

I don't recall having a Kindergarten graduation.

I didn't have a 5th grade one either.

Our class was supposed to have an 8th graduation, but the school board decided against having a graduation ceremony that year. It was a pretty big deal, students protested and "threatened" to walk out on finals. I don't remember how it all ended but we ended up getting a "certificate" for our completion, instead of the diploma. The next year they decided to bring back the ceremony. Sucks out of all my friends and family, older/younger, they all have diplomas for their 8th grade graduation, I don't.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 am

We did the kindergarten graduation and then the high school graduation and that was it.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am

No 5th grade grad ceremony for our school. 8th, yes, and it was okay. I remember all of us being jazzed at phasing into high school next (junior high were my worst years all-around).
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am

Bluesmama wrote:
No 5th grade grad ceremony for our school. 8th, yes, and it was okay. I remember all of us being jazzed at phasing into high school next (junior high were my worst years all-around).

I remember my brother telling me that 6th and 8th grades would be the worst, and 6th definitely was but I don't recall 8th being particularly terrible.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

We only had 8th grade and high school graduations.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:01 am

Suzi wrote:
We only had 8th grade and high school graduations.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:39 am

I only had 8th grade and High School graduations. I think its pretty silly myself having 5th grade or 6th grade and kindegarten graduations. In my family when a kid graduates no matter what the grade they have to celebrate renting a hall, catering etc., you would think the kid was getting married!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:35 pm

I didn't have a 5th grade one, but I did have kindegarten and 8th grade. I don't see a problem with them at all.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 am

I had a K and fifth grade graduation, but not one for the eight grade. For eighth grade, we had an honors night, which was kind of treated like a graduation ceremony, but technically wasn't. My daughter had kindergarten and fifth grade graduations as well, but didn't for eighth grade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

Apparently we had some kind of 6th Grade graduation party. Just found this foto and that must have been what it was about.
Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. 1956_d10

The next year we went to Junior High. I don't recall any graduation from there, tho I have a program with GNG (go ninth graders) so it must have been celebrated.

BTW, I'm the kid with no jacket and the kid goofing around next to me was my best bud Leonard, whom I was allowed to call 'Monkey.'
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 am

8th grade graduation was because we were no longer in grade school or Jr High. High school was next.The only thing I remember is the song we sang Land Of Hope And Glory, and a gawdawful picture of me in a perfectly horrid dress and my hair still in pin curls taken before grad. At least it wasn't the Wiffenpoof song like my cousin had to sing.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't remember if I had a kindergarten graduation. I don't think so. I did have 8th grade and high school graduations. I loved the 8th grade grad because it was a precursor to the big step of going to high school. It was a very lovely ceremony too. Better than my high school or college graduation.

We had an 8th grade teacher who really know how to do it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.   Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.
Page 1 of 1