CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Nystyle709
Shale
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Marc™
12 posters

Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?  Empty Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 am

I just realized that Facebook ain't my religion no more. I sometimes go weeks w/o checking it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?  Empty Re: Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:46 am

I'm not bored with it, as social media and the marketing entities to it intrigue me continually.

Person A will wish person B "happy birthday" even if they have not been in contact...since ever. It is the craziest shit. The marketing avail. to the stats offered by FB are so valuable. As soon as a name and birth date are registered, it is game on by all marketing companies. It is quite amazing. FB beats the shit out of forum banner ads.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?  Empty Re: Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?

Post by Cheaps Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 am

Never had it and don't plan on joining.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 am

What's a Facebook? Are You Getting Bored With Facebook?  A.aaa-The-face-book
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:35 am

Facebook is boring as hell. Sometimes I went for months without even logging in so I'm having it deleted. Ridiculous that it takes them a couple weeks to do that.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 am

I was never really not "bored" with it. I don't really see it as something to be "bored" with though. It's a way to connect with people. It's kinda like email. Just because I don't wanna use it all day doesn't mean I wanna get rid of it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:12 am

Facebook is going to end up like MySpace. I just don't want all those people leaving Facebook to invade twitter.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 am

I check in frequently - have some long-time netizen friends there (knew them on MySpace before we jumped that sinking boat). There are amusing pics & links & comments that I read and add to. Sorta like some forum boards I belong to. I don't have 3K friends, most of the ppl I actually know as family or friends IRL or have an affinity with as Net friend.

I can't check in now. The bitch in charge of IT has blocked all social networks and adult sites on our server - which only affects those old ppl like me. All the young ones here are still connected thru their iphones and are thumbing away constantly. This forum, Hip forum and Photobucket get thru. Flickr & Youtube are blocked, which is why I can't see most vids and some pix until I get home.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am

I was never THAT into it to begin with. It's good to have to find people, but I don't post my life on Facebook like others who like to grandstand do. It's the devil anyway.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 am

I use FB as a way to keep a network of people I actually like, all in one place. Most of my FB friends are former co-workers, who I want to stay in touch with, talk-shop with, and watch job openings with, in hopes to be able to work with them again, someday. Others, are a few friends from school, and mostly people I have only met online and consider cyber-friends, whom I cherish just as much as if I'd met them in person.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 am

Interestingly, no one on this board wants to be friends with me on FB, except one who has since left this board. She is still active on FB - IDK why she never comes here any more.

Maybe someone should do a track study of why ppl move around the net.
    blank stare @ you
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 am

Im not onit but I am sure I would.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:23 pm

I despise the way they've redesigned it with that timeline BS. Facebook was much simplier and easier to navigate about three or four years ago.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Chris wrote:I despise the way they've redesigned it with that timeline BS. Facebook was much simplier and easier to navigate about three or four years ago.
    Me and all my friends on there were bitchin about that change.

They were going the route that MySpace did, making changes that no one wanted and for me slowed my computer to dialup speed. (Could be my old computer but MySpace was the only site that was slow).
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:15 pm

I was never interested in being on it. But yes, it still bores me because friends who are on it constantly yak about it telling me about their Facebook "friends" about whom I don't know and don't care.

One of my real life friends called me a curmudgeon because I won't join.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:23 am