CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You?

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You? Empty Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Have you ever written something so intense that it really stayed with you for a long time?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You? Empty Re: Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You?

Post by Supernova Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:34 am

Not really because all the haunting comes BEFORE I write it and until I write it, THEN it haunts me, like a constant 'you've got to write this down, don't forget it, get it down!'
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You? Empty Re: Has Something You've Written Ever Haunted You?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 am

^^^^Oh most definitely. Happens to me all the time. sometimes I am even haunted by "alternate endings" I almost did. It's as if a part of me wishes I did it and I didn't.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 am

Supernova wrote:Not really because all the haunting comes BEFORE I write it and until I write it, THEN it haunts me, like a constant 'you've got to write this down, don't forget it, get it down!'

This used to happen to me when i was in school and had to write a research paper. I also wrote papers for people in work charging anywhere from $200 to $300 per paper. I would lay in bed at night, and could not sleep because I would get an idea about the paper.. and it literally would just start forming in my head. I would need to jump out of bed and type it. I actually had 10 page papers form in my head, in perfection! No corrections needed! Even knew exactly which book I was going to quote from, as i have an extensive library of my own.

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:44 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:Have you ever written something so intense that it really stayed with you for a long time?

I wrote a fabulous short story once.. it was based on a true happening... and of course i took liberties with the ending. I wrote it years and years ago.. and I cannot find it anywhere! I wish i could find it... of course i could rewrite it.. but it was perfect at the time... and would probably not do it justice today.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 am

^^^^If it makes you feel better, if you've improved as a writer since, maybe it isn't as good as you remember? (But yes, I can imagine that would really suck. You can't get that same excitement back again.)
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 am

thanks... you are probably right. but without sounding conceited, i was always an awesome writer. I had gotten awards all through school, and in high school was involved in a high school press tournament at Temple University.. i won a really nice prize!

i have proofread and edited the manuscripts of a friend who had published about 8 books. She SUCKS! not trying to be mean, but her books have no imagination and come across as childish. At this moment she is touring europe on a book signing tour! I know i can do better than her! LOL need to find the time.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 am

I am sure you always were great Ms. Temple Grad! Razz But even the always great can get greater with age. Wink

And was that last paragraph supposed to entice FM to use you as an editor? Ouch, girl! Razz But hey, either you edited your friend's books enough to make the publishable, or it just goes to show getting published doesn't equate to you being good. lol Damn. Now I really am scared if you ever read anything I've written. FORGIVENESS MAN
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I am sure you always were great Ms. Temple Grad! Razz But even the always great can get greater with age. Wink

And was that last paragraph supposed to entice FM to use you as an editor? Ouch, girl! Razz But hey, either you edited your friend's books enough to make the publishable, or it just goes to show getting published doesn't equate to you being good. lol Damn. Now I really am scared if you ever read anything I've written. FORGIVENESS MAN

i didn't actually graduate from Temple LOL and No I was not trying to entice you. however, I would love to read your stuff. You are intelligent and quite articulate. The woman that I was referring to is supposedly a Mensa member who graduated from princeton when she was like 15yrs old. She just wrote a book called "date with a beatle" and has promoted this book as if she actually KNEW the beatles, then when you read it, which I haven't, the story is really about how she stalked them outside of a hotel window LOL

I think what you said about "publishing does not equate to you being good" pertains to her more than the earlier scenario! LOL She wrote one book that was supposed to be about a woman in her 40s who fell in love with a princeton student online---it turned out that he was 15yrs old. Throughout the entire book she makes references to The George Burns and Gracie Allen show, it becomes an "inside joke" between the two characters. When I explained to her that the burns/allen show has not been on tv during MY entire 37 years, so there is no way in hell that a 15yr old would know it, she got mad. She wrote the book about 10yrs ago... the show is just NOW being shown on Antenna TV channel. Call me a bitch, but that part and the fact that the woman was a child molester having sex with a 15yr old just made me cringe.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 am

My bad! lol Wink How was Temple? If I ever decide to go 4 year (unlikely at this point), that's probably my only option.

And if you want a look at something, you know how to contact me. Smile

Well, great intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to believable, compelling, or clever writing. Now I can't really judge her plots. lol It's all in HOW you write something.

One thing about that latter thing. You can't really nitpick TOO much about a show not being on the air at the time a story takes place. (Actually just saw a similar topic on a writing forum.) It's a fictional story, and such things aren't really unbelievable stretches. Maybe in this world, some fictional cable channel reran it? I don't really feel that is a dealbreaker.

Now, the woman having sex with the 15-year-old, yeah, that's problematic, especially if it's presented as romantic and not gross. (IMO, nothing wrong with portraying abuse, as long as it's not romanticized as not being abuse.) And it sounds like she's romanticizing it? Doesn't sound too kosher.

But hey, I can't really judge. I can only imagine the trash people could talk about my plots. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 am