Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair Empty
PostSubject: Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair   Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm

As summer fair season begins, so does an onslaught of fried foods. Deep-fried cereal, made with Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, debuted at the San Diego fair this month. The fried treat is drizzled with syrup and topped with a few pieces of cereal.

Despite their hype, the cereal balls debuted to discouraging reviews.

"Now, when I was trying the deep-fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the pool of grease in the bottom of the basket made me clutch my heart a little. The doughy ball of greasy cereal wasn't bad, but it definitely isn't something I'd go out of my way to buy. Candace called the Trix edition 'disappointing,'"

Behind this recent fried phenomenon is Charlie Boghosian, creator of last year's deep-fried Kool Aid balls made with flour, water and cherry-flavored Kool Aid.

Owner of Chicken Charlie’s, Boghosian serves everything from deep-fried avocado to deep-fried Girl Scout cookies on his menu.

The San Diego Fair is open until July 4. Then, the deep-fried cereal will continue its fair circuit at the Orange County Fair followed by the L.A. County Fair.

Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair Ht_deep-fried_trix_nt_120619_wmain

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/deep-fried-cereal-debuts-county-fair-200923198--abc-news-topstories.html
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair   Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Despite their hype, the cereal balls debuted to discouraging reviews.

Get the fuck outta here! Really? I thought American's passion for deep fried shit was boundless. And Canada's backward for burning a few extra books?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair   Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair 2517814472
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair   Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Ick.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair   Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:36 pm

I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair   Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair
Page 1 of 1