CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Empty Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Post by Shale Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    June 23, 2012

This was one of two movies I wanted to see this weekend but yesterday was a complete washout and I stayed inside all day. But today there was a break in the rain and I managed to bike to the Cinema (and if Hurricane Debbie in the Gulf pulls more to the west I may be able to get out again tomorrow.) You know I had to see this movie with such an absurd premise like Cowboys & Aliens my favorite sci-fi/western. The story is from a novel written by Seth Grahame-Smith.

After reading a review by our local critic who dismissed this movie with one star out of four, I immediately went to see the aggregate reviews on Rottentomatoes, which showed only 38% of critics cared for it. But 75% of audiences liked it. It is one of those movies that have lots of things wrong with it (even I can see that) but it was still an entertaining summer flick.

It's not the best of movies but has some good special effects - some so good you have to increase your suspension of disbelief just to enjoy them. This movie is in 3-D but I saw it in 2-D, so the effects may be even better if you want to shell out the extra money.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7295431#post7295431
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Empty Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:49 am

I should have went to see that instead of Prometheus.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:00 am