CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
7 posters

How would you feel if this happened to your child at riding lessons?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Question How would you feel if this happened to your child at riding lessons?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 pm

One of my clients was telling me about her daughter at her riding lessons. She was thrown from the horse and it ended up she had a broken collar bone.

Immediately after she was thrown, the instructor scooped her up and put her right up on the horse. The idea was to let her do a couple laps around the area they were in so she wouldn't develop a fear.

I know nothing about horses but that seems really risky to me. Why scoop a kid up on a horse who JUST threw said girl? Getting thrown a second time could really compound an injury. Plus with where they hurt with a broken collar bone, a logical person would fear a possible neck injury.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Question Re: How would you feel if this happened to your child at riding lessons?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

I'd be going off. Unless the child wasn't injured, I can see them putting them back on the horse....but if he/she has a broken collar bone, then it should be a wrap.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Question Re: How would you feel if this happened to your child at riding lessons?

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:28 pm

I think the guy was a damn idiot, if you have a broken anything, jerking you up and putting you back on a wild animal is the LAST thing that anybody needs to be doing.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I'd be going off. Unless the child wasn't injured, I can see them putting them back on the horse....but if he/she has a broken collar bone, then it should be a wrap.
    co-signs
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Unacceptable, I'd be pissed.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

No, I wouldn't do that at all. It sounds like one of those situations where the parent aggressively throws their child in the pool and says 'sink or swim.' If my kid has been thrown from a horse and is injured, then no more horse riding until he or she is healed, and then only if he or she wants.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:04 am

my cousin used to show horses, and i asked her this question before. it is common practice to do this, for the reason given... to prevent a fear. But i think what should come into play is the size of the child/horse/injury.

IMO, if it were MY child, I break the guy's collar bone, then push him up on a horse and tell him to ride himself to the hospital! lol those riding lessons arent cheap!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:17 am

Chris wrote:No, I wouldn't do that at all. It sounds like one of those situations where the parent aggressively throws their child in the pool and says 'sink or swim.' If my kid has been thrown from a horse and is injured, then no more horse riding until he or she is healed, and then only if he or she wants.

That actually works.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

That actually works.

Or you don't have to worry about sending them to college Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:34 am