Are you in the market for a new computer? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you in the market for a new computer?

Go down 
+6
Shale
AtownPeep
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are you in the market for a new computer? Empty
PostSubject: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

My Mac is four years old this year, and my E-machine PC is about six years old. Both still work well enough, but I'm starting to ponder replacements. Are you considering getting a new computer any time soon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

My laptop is over 3 years old now, still working fine. No more funniness with my computer lately. I'm good with this one til it completely shuts down.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 pm

My Dell computer just turned 3, I usually get a new one every 5 years so I have 2 to go.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 pm

The one I got for Christmas is still working fine.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

There's nothing wrong with the one I got right now but a new one is probably no more than a year away.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Mine is a used Dell tower with bootleg XP and Microsoft Office 2003.

I dread having to get a new computer. Things I am comfortable with will go. I will have to get Windows 7 or newer and the new office is a pain (I usually try to turn off all the whistles and bells that I don't need or want.)

I even hate the new solitair. I have been playing the same Klondike Solitaire game since my first PC in '95. Now they have replaced that on the newer computers. the artwork is confusing making suit and value more difficult than the old deck. Why do these techies have to 'improve' on things that have been doing just fucking fine since before they were born?
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Shale wrote:

I dread having to get a new computer. Things I am comfortable with will go. I will have to get Windows 7 or newer and the new office is a pain (I usually try to turn off all the whistles and bells that I don't need or want.)

I even hate the new solitair. I have been playing the same Klondike Solitaire game since my first PC in '95. Now they have replaced that on the newer computers. the artwork is confusing making suit and value more difficult than the old deck. Why do these techies have to 'improve' on things that have been doing just fucking fine since before they were born?

I agree the New MS Office is a pain in the neck. I got it for almost free from my last job. I thought I was getting a good thing. Ugh!

I keep intending to reinstall my old Office program which was just fine.

I would love to get a laptop computer. But I just can't justify parting with the bucks while "Old Faithful" still sits on top of my desk grinding away.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Not any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm actually thinking of getting a new one, and I prob. will if one just jumps out at me, but the one I have is four years old and still works perfectly. I'm not pressed to get a new one.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 am

Shale wrote:

Shrugs (Oh well…) I dig mine
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:54 am

I have windows Vista, I missed Windows 7 by 5 months.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:36 am

my old laptop died in feb in my car wreck :O

so this one is fairly new
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?   Are you in the market for a new computer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you in the market for a new computer?
Page 1 of 1