CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Dark Shadows 1966

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Dark Shadows  1966 Empty Dark Shadows 1966

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 am

Watching this on netflix and its pretty cool. I tried watching it years ago, but had started in the middle and didnt know much of the story.

There is one thing that bothers the crap out of me--- They repeat and parrot everything!

"i'm going to the oooooolld house today"

"the old house? why"

"you are going to marry me"
    "marry you?"

every freaking line is follow by the parrot back!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Dark Shadows  1966 Empty Re: Dark Shadows 1966

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 am

Parrot back?

Dark Shadows  1966 4LOL

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:24 am

I know what you mean WTL but I still used to enjoy watching the show when it was on SyFy. My favorite was the Witch Angelique not only was she beautiful but so wicked!!! For a show that was made in the 60's I think it was way ahead of its time. I have the entire series on DVD and one day plan to watch from the beginning all 1,235 episodes! Sad that the actor that played Barnabas passeed away 2 weeks before the Johnny Depp Dark Shadows came out, he never got to see himself in his cameo role.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 am

Well.. I was watching on netflix, moving right along... and then BLANK!!! Nothing! Netflix stops after episode 370--- so I was just getting to angelique and the part where she uses the voodoo doll to strangle him... i was soooo mad.

Turns out that the library in the next county has a complete set!!! BUT... someone is doing the same thing i am, cause collections 5,6, and 7 are out for another couple of weeks sad
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 am

wants2laugh wrote:Well.. I was watching on netflix, moving right along... and then BLANK!!! Nothing! Netflix stops after episode 370--- so I was just getting to angelique and the part where she uses the voodoo doll to strangle him... i was soooo mad.

Turns out that the library in the next county has a complete set!!! BUT... someone is doing the same thing i am, cause collections 5,6, and 7 are out for another couple of weeks sad

A lot of people I know have been watching this on Net Flix. Did they ever continue it or do you still have to get them from the Library?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:16 am

i gotta get them from the library... i could "get" them other ways... but it was just too much of a hassle with the damn collections and episodes... so i will just wait for them to get returned. The library called me and told me that collection 6 is in, but i'm not sure i want to skip 5 when i could just wait and watch the continuation.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:17 am

wants2laugh wrote:i gotta get them from the library... i could "get" them other ways... but it was just too much of a hassle with the damn collections and episodes... so i will just wait for them to get returned. The library called me and told me that collection 6 is in, but i'm not sure i want to skip 5 when i could just wait and watch the continuation.

Yeah its better to watch the show in the proper sequence. Let me know when you start watching again maybe we can Dis some Dark Shadows moments. Once Angelique the Witch comes on the show it really gets good!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:10 am

Hey.... I got a friend that had some collections, so I am now watching again... it's at the point where people are discussing the possibility of victoria being a witch, and joshua was turned into a cat.

poor barnabus... for having to suffer thru angelique's antics, but that is what he gets for leading her on in the first place! lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 am

wants2laugh wrote:Hey.... I got a friend that had some collections, so I am now watching again... it's at the point where people are discussing the possibility of victoria being a witch, and joshua was turned into a cat.

poor barnabus... for having to suffer thru angelique's antics, but that is what he gets for leading her on in the first place! lol

Ah so they are back in time from the Seance to 1795. I remember at the beginning of each episode: "A seance has been held in the great house of Collingwood"

Thats right Barnabas burned Angelique now he is going to suffer for eternity! A woman's scorn, especially a vicious beautiful Witch! Oh and keep your eye on Reverend Trask!

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 am

alright. I'm at the point where millicent wants to marry the Lt. and he turned out to be married. Sarah is dead, Angelique is coming back as a haunting.. barnabus just showed himself to josette, and poor vicki --- is still stuck in jail.

what are your favorite funny scenes? When vicki fainted in the 1795 scene that she first arrived--- everyone just looked at her and watched her fall! No gasping, no trying to catch her. just watched her. I laughed so hard i spit out my soda all over my screen! lol

Something else that makes me laugh is that everyone is supposed to thing barnabus is in england... but joshua tells ben, josette tells vicki, and josette and her aunt tell the rev trask guy!

I laughed at the fact that the rev wanted them to testify that the book said he was in england, and he is actually dead. HELLO people! It is supposed to be a secret-- do not testify in court about it! LOL
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am

wants2laugh wrote:alright. I'm at the point where millicent wants to marry the Lt. and he turned out to be married. Sarah is dead, Angelique is coming back as a haunting.. barnabus just showed himself to josette, and poor vicki --- is still stuck in jail.

what are your favorite funny scenes? When vicki fainted in the 1795 scene that she first arrived--- everyone just looked at her and watched her fall! No gasping, no trying to catch her. just watched her. I laughed so hard i spit out my soda all over my screen! lol

Something else that makes me laugh is that everyone is supposed to thing barnabus is in england... but joshua tells ben, josette tells vicki, and josette and her aunt tell the rev trask guy!

I laughed at the fact that the rev wanted them to testify that the book said he was in england, and he is actually dead. HELLO people! It is supposed to be a secret-- do not testify in court about it! LOL

One of the funniest things I can remember about DS was in one episode I don't know why she did it but Julia Hoffman started Screaming and it sounded like some kind of man creature. I just cracked up laughing because that scream was so damned funny.

So your still back in time they have not come back to the present yet.

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:30 am

today was my day of leisure and babysitting ... so I did nothing all day except change diapers and watch DS.

Joshua now knows about barnabus, vicki has been convicted, abigail is dead. The Lt. nathan is a real jerk now... i used to think he was a nice guy with the way he treated vicki and barnabus... but he became a real jerk.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

When Vicki is brought to the gallows something interesting happens. Joshua is the one that chains barnabas in the coffin if I am not mistaken and hides the coffin in the family crypt behind the secret door. I don't remember much about Forbes other than what he looks like.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 am

OMG.... forbes testified against vicki at the trial in exchange for trask's promise that joshua would not report him to the navy for fraud (he was married to sookie when he tried to marry millicent). Then he did in fact marry millicent and freaked out when he found out that she signed her entire fortune over to her brother--- just so the family could not accuse forbes of being a gold digger. He then pays a guy to kidnap/kill daniel... hoping to transfer the money back to millicent with daniel's death. That does not happen tho... and the entire collins line is then descended from daniel. Forbes then tells naomi about barnabus being the strangler, and she kills herself. Joshua did have ben chain the coffin and then released ben from his duty as per barnabus' request. UGGGGHHHHH!!! You wont believe this... I just got to the last epi that I have and watched her get noosed, then it fades out!!! I didnt get to see the "something interesting" that was going to happen! LOL

gotta go hunting for more epis! LOL

I feel bad for millicent.. she really went crazy!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 am

wants2laugh wrote:OMG.... forbes testified against vicki at the trial in exchange for trask's promise that joshua would not report him to the navy for fraud (he was married to sookie when he tried to marry millicent). Then he did in fact marry millicent and freaked out when he found out that she signed her entire fortune over to her brother--- just so the family could not accuse forbes of being a gold digger. He then pays a guy to kidnap/kill daniel... hoping to transfer the money back to millicent with daniel's death. That does not happen tho... and the entire collins line is then descended from daniel. Forbes then tells naomi about barnabus being the strangler, and she kills herself. Joshua did have ben chain the coffin and then released ben from his duty as per barnabus' request. UGGGGHHHHH!!! You wont believe this... I just got to the last epi that I have and watched her get noosed, then it fades out!!! I didnt get to see the "something interesting" that was going to happen! LOL

gotta go hunting for more epis! LOL

I feel bad for millicent.. she really went crazy!

Oh damned!!! Well I am not going to tell you what happens to her you will see when you start picking up the episodes again.

You are refreshing my mind about a lot of things, I remember Millicent Collins the blonde girl who plays Carolyn Stoddard in the future.

There is a lot of good stuff coming up, especially when they are back in the present day.

I remember when they sealed Barnabas up in the coffin and I also remember when he is set free again!!

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 am

Millicent was a really funny character. She kept dating Forbes, and was afraid that everytime someone caught them together it would be found "inappropriate". But at each instance, something important was going on, and the person that found them didn't even care what she was doing! It was like she WANTED someone to care... and no one ever did LOL

Then she is devastated that forbes was married while professing his love/engagement to him. She winds up wanting barnabus to protect her honor in a duel with him--- and barnabus is already "gone to england". But she goes absolutely crazy--- off her rocker crazy. And then forbes marries her anyway trying to get her money... but she signed it over to daniel.

I loved in one episode, every kept calling "daniel" by the name of the 1966 "David" lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Funny I remember Millicent and I remember Forbes with his mutton chop side burns, good looking man. Sadly the actor that played Forbes passed away at a very young age.

I read that there were no re-takes on the show, whatever dialog they spewed out stayed with the episode.

Barnabas defending her honor LOL imagine that happening today?? There would be a lot of dead men out there!!!

Did you ever get more episodes?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:43 am

I will be getting them tonight... so can't wait! Smile

It was sad that even with the defending her honor thing... no one wanted to do THAT! lol... she asked the dead vampire to do it, and he looked at her like she was nuts! lol

I didnt know that about the actor's death... sad. he was pretty hot.

Yeah i realized there were no retakes... that must have been hard as hell. Someone online told me to watch for an epi where elizabeth drops an earring, and she walks around the couch, picks it up, and puts it back in her ear--- all while uttering her lines.. they say it is sooo naturally flowing, that you would not notice it unless you really looked for it! LOL If you watch bloopers today... all the actors have giddiness problems.. so i cannot imagine how hard it must have been. Especially to be afraid of a rubber bat on a string, or a black blob on the screen that you cannot even see lol
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:04 am

ok... watching it now... and was NOT expecting them to switch back. I was expecting vicki to bounce to 1840, cause i have read about the other storylines, but not enough to read any spoilers. I just basically know that they bounce to 1840, 1995, 1970... and there is some Parallel time story.

that was kinda neat what they did... but poor Miss Wicks! LOL
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 am

wants2laugh wrote:I will be getting them tonight... so can't wait! Smile

It was sad that even with the defending her honor thing... no one wanted to do THAT! lol... she asked the dead vampire to do it, and he looked at her like she was nuts! lol

I didnt know that about the actor's death... sad. he was pretty hot.

Yeah i realized there were no retakes... that must have been hard as hell. Someone online told me to watch for an epi where elizabeth drops an earring, and she walks around the couch, picks it up, and puts it back in her ear--- all while uttering her lines.. they say it is sooo naturally flowing, that you would not notice it unless you really looked for it! LOL If you watch bloopers today... all the actors have giddiness problems.. so i cannot imagine how hard it must have been. Especially to be afraid of a rubber bat on a string, or a black blob on the screen that you cannot even see lol

LOL about the rubber bat, I remember that. I also remember when Angelique casts some of her spells they put a candle in front of the camera to simulate a fire in the room. That is amazing about the ear ring I am surprised none of the other actors cracked up laughing but Joan Bennett was a lady of class and a seasoned actress so it would come natural to her to save a scene like that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 am

wants2laugh wrote:ok... watching it now... and was NOT expecting them to switch back. I was expecting vicki to bounce to 1840, cause i have read about the other storylines, but not enough to read any spoilers. I just basically know that they bounce to 1840, 1995, 1970... and there is some Parallel time story.

that was kinda neat what they did... but poor Miss Wicks! LOL

I like the way they did that, they hung her as a witch and at the end you see the rope swinging then all of a sudden she is back in present time. I think they did the 1795 storyline as a way if introducing Barnabas and Angelique into the future. Yes they do go back in time again to the 1800's but thats to introduce another Collins family member who from what I read was very popular on the show. I won't spoil it for you. I also remember parallel time that was kind of odd. Miss Wicks was the one that was hung instead of Victoria right? Now you are making me want to get my collection out and start watching LOL. I was saving the collection for a time when I could watch the whole show. I don't recall how far I got on Syfy but I do know that Werewolves are coming, more Ghosts and a Warlock that reneders Angelique helpless if you can imagine that! I also remember Angelique's descent into Hell. Lot of good stuff coming your way!!!! Keep me informed I am liking this!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:46 am

well the Dr after the car crash has told barnabus that he can turn him into the guy that Vicki has the crush on (the guy in 1967 who looks like her lawyer/jailer from 1795). Angelique is now married to Roger (who keeps trancing into Joshua).

I am wondering how many freaking doctors do experiments that would assist vampires? LOL That doctor did not seem to be afraid or in disbelief at all! I never thought I would feel bad for a vampire but I do. His first family was all killed off--- now he made a new family (although he did use them a lot for his own gains), and they are going to be terrorized by "cassandra" aka angelique. I think too many of these doctors saw some frankenstein movies! lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Speaking of Frankenstein...........well we won't go there yet. I remember Angelique as Cassandra she had a black wig on for that part. Can't recall the guy that Viki had the crush on. Barnabas was always the brooding Vampire. There are more experiments coming up, Julia Hoffman is going to be doing a real important one that would benefit Barnabas.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:32 pm

In 1795, vicki fell in love with the jailer while she was being charged with witch craft--- Peter something. He was studying law, and acted as her attorney for the trial. When Vicki returned to the present, "peter" was the guy in the street that she almost ran over with the car when her and barnabus were eloping. They wound up in the hospital where the doctor realized that barnabus was a vampire. "peter" had a new name of course, and was working for this doctor--- digging up dead bodies. The doctor threatens to send him "back to the mental hospital" and blackmails him that he will tell Vicki about "the murders" this guy apparently committed. Vicki thinks this is the guy from 1795 who has returned to her. One night when vicki and julia hoffman go to the crypt looking for the secret room, "peter" is the one who remembers how to open the door. In 1795, "peter" was hung to killing the guy that Forbes sent to kidnap and kill little daniel. It was really vicki who killed him. "peter" apparently kept telling vicki that he would find her in any time she went to... and she believes this is the guy.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Oh ok I know who you are talking about the Blonde haired guy Peter Bradford, Roger Davis is his real name. He was married to Jaclyn Smith at one time.

Wow there is a lot of the story you are telling that I don't remember but I can't remember every detail, there were so many episodes.

I remember reading that Viki (Alexandra Moltke) was involved in real life with Klaus Van bulow the man that supposedly put his wife into a coma because Alexandra was his mistress and I guess he wanted to get rid of her. I read that she testified in court about her relationship with him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:28 am