How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Shale
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Supernova
RedBedroom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? Empty
PostSubject: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 am

I never follow a recipe, I just add shit. It's always pretty kick ass. I usually have the potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, pickles, celery and carrots. Plus a smidgen of apple cider vinegar and sugar.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:53 am

If I remember correctly, my mom mashes the potatoes, puts sour cream in them, also a lot of onion powder in lieu of actual chunky onions, and mashes boiled eggs in with it, and mayo, salt and pepper, SOME pickle relish, my dad who eats everything whether he says it's good or not, always complains she gets too much relish in, I don't buy it. She makes one smooth version for herself and one chunky one for him because that's what he likes.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 am

Oh,she mashes it all? My potatoes got too soft today and I worried about it and almost threw them away and started over. I was glad I did not as they were fine, though soft, to the point of almost mashed. My boiled egg whites made the texture. Now, sour cream in them is a cool idea. I will try that next time. Though I would probably add yellow food coloring if I did that because I like it to be yellow!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:57 am

I think so but I'm not sure if she gets it to the same texture of actual mashed potatoes or only does it part way and then starts adding the other stuff. Actually I think she mashes the potatoes and the eggs together and goes on from there.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 am

Apple cider vinegar and sugar in potato salad? How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? 729904

I don't make potato salad...my mother does but I don't know quite what she puts in hers. Definitely not those two things though.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:01 am

Potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, sweet relish, minced black olives, and onion and garlic powder, and paprika.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:02 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
Apple cider vinegar and sugar in potato salad? How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? 729904

I don't make potato salad...my mother does but I don't know quite what she puts in hers. Definitely not those two things though.

It's not like there is much of either. A splash and a dash.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 am

RedBedroom wrote:

It's not like there is much of either. A splash and a dash.

What makes you put sugar in it though? Potato salad is not supposed to be sweet. Not even a little bit.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

What makes you put sugar in it though? Potato salad is not supposed to be sweet. Not even a little bit.

It is literally just a dash and the reason I do is because it balances the vinegar. And I add the vinegar because I think (could be wrong) it keeps the potatoes from discoloring if the salad sits in the fridge for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I never follow a recipe, I just add shit. It's always pretty kick ass. I usually have the potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, pickles, celery and carrots. Plus a smidgen of apple cider vinegar and sugar.

I also don't peel the potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:11 am

Mayo (we don't do Miracle Whip!), mustard, chopped celery, green peppers and onions.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 pm

My grandmother used mashed potatoes , and everyone loved her potato salad. She told the story about making potato salad one day when one of her kids came to her and asked if she would leave the onions out because he didn't like onions. Then another kid came and asked her to leave out the pickles, and another asked her to leave out the eggs. That night to everyone's disappointment she served mashed potatoes. They never did that again.

I put the same things in but I dice the potatoes and I add chopped celery. Because there are only 2 of us now I only use 1 potato, add chopped onion, celery, sweet pickles, chopped hard boiled eggs and mayo to bind. I don't like mustard and to my way of thinking when people add mustard it makes the salad taste sour.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Boil the eggs and potatoes, chop the eggs add Mayonnaise, white vinegar, couple of tablespoons of relish, chopped carrots, salt to taste and thats it. Sprinkle a little paprika on top.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 pm

We gotta have a Chamber luncheon one of these days. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Chris wrote:
We gotta have a Chamber luncheon one of these days. How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? 253468018

Who gon' make the potato salad?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Clearly not me since you wouldn't eat it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Me CHEAPS
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:01 am

That was a funny movie! Smile

I make my potato salad by calling my sister and saying, "Make me some potato salad" big grin

I did even know that people put relish/pickles in it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:22 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

I make my potato salad by calling my sister and saying, "Make me some potato salad" How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? 273237

Yeah, I'ma have to call my mother too. I don't eat just anybody's potato salad.

I did even know that people put relish/pickles in it.

It's a must. And I don't even like sweet relish. I like dill relish.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:47 am

Cheaps wrote:

Me CHEAPS

That'll work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?   How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you guys make potato salad (if you do)?
Page 1 of 1