CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Bob Barker not impressed with Drew Carey's 'Price Is Right'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Bob Barker not impressed with Drew Carey's 'Price Is Right' Empty Bob Barker not impressed with Drew Carey's 'Price Is Right'

Post by Chris Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:27 am

Bob Barker not impressed with Drew Carey's 'Price Is Right' T1larg.bob.barker
    July 28th, 2010
    Bob Barker: I would not criticize Drew Carey

Bob Barker hasn’t been heaping praise upon “The Price Is Right” host Drew Carey lately, but the 86-year-old game show legend says that he’s not trying to be critical.

Barker, who hosted the series from 1972 to 2009, recently told TMZ that Carey “does the show differently than I did…I tried to make the show really exciting, and he doesn't do that. He just plays the games."

But perhaps fearing he took too much of a gamble with his controversial comment, Barker has since had a change of heart.

“I would not criticize Drew Carey. I would not criticize this show. I would not criticize CBS. I would not criticize FremantleMedia [which produces the show for the network] because I have a sizable royalty that I am paid every year this show is on, and it’s going on for years. I would be an absolute fool. I hope this show stays on for years,” he told Entertainment Weekly.

“As for Drew, he’s been charming and complimentary, and he had me on the show to plug my book ‘Priceless Memories.’ He devoted half of the show to me! He’s a charming man, and kind and gracious. To think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.”

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/28/bob-barker-i-would-not-criticize-drew-carey/
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Bob Barker not impressed with Drew Carey's 'Price Is Right' Empty Re: Bob Barker not impressed with Drew Carey's 'Price Is Right'

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm

I know I stopped watching it after he left.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:02 pm