CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CeCe
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
7 posters

Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake Empty Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:47 pm

See...now this is why I just go in a pool.

Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake 25EC1A57BB31C0A7ED99FC9CD1858

The pacu fish, originally from the Amazon Basin, has recently been caught in Lake Lou Yaegar in Illinois and is famously known for biting at the testicles of fishermen.

The Illinois Department of Natural Resources identified the species, which is a cousin to the piranha. Some reports also note that another pacu was seen weeks later. Biologists says the species might be aquarium pets and anyone found dumping the fish in the lake can be criminally charged.

The pacu can weigh up to 55 pounds and eats nuts Shocked , aquatic vegetation and snails, but is known as the “ball cutter” in Papua New Guinea said British Fisherman, Jeremy Wade. In the 1990′s, the pacu was introduced into Papua New Guinea’s rivers as a food source, for locals, after overfishing.

In 2011, Wade said locals informed him that two fisherman had died from blood loss after something in the water had bitten off their testicles, according to the Metro.

“The locals told me that this thing was like a human in the water, biting at the testicles of fishermen,” Wade said.

Wade determined that the perpetrator was the pacu, which is known for having human-like teeth. The angler did note that such attacks are uncommon, the Daily Mail reports.

http://www.newsoxy.com/science/pacu-fish-80513.html
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake Empty Re: Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 pm

The eating nuts thing is just an urban legend.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake Empty Re: Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Could you post a link please, Red?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:38 pm

OMG! Shocked

Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake 314137016_big-1
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Could you post a link please, Red?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Fish-With-Human-Like-Teeth-Caught-Near-Rockford-162216095.html

It's funny. I read this story on Friday and it was on Google's first page. But now, the sensationalized headlines hit and it doesn't come up in the first pages of Google!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

Actually, the statement in that link is just one person's opinion about the credibility of the story from Asia. Breaking news stories often have misinformation and parts missing.

It may be the same story I referenced in an article I wrote in July 2001 titled Things That Go Bump In The Water:

"..., on July 6th 2001, there was a news report in the Herald Sun (Australia) of two Papua New Guinea fishermen who bled to death after some piranha-like river fish bit off their penises."

You will note that the earlier version of this story mentioned penises, which can cause a man to bleed to death, whereas it is likely severed testicles will not. Assuming this is the same story.

At the time of that story, the writer apparently did not know of the pacu fish but knowing of it being introduced to that region it now clears up what the fish was.

My story explained why it would attack the groin:

"Apparently the fishermen were doing what so many beachgoers at Haulover do; run out in the water to take a leak. The fish, it seems, exhibit the piranha's trait of following a trail of urine in the water, swimming to its source and then taking a bite with its razor sharp teeth. No one yet knows exactly what the piranha-like fish is, or how it showed up in Asian waters, but needless to say the fishermen are terrified. They will probably start wearing clothes in the water, and piss before going in."
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 am

either way... i'm glad im female.. if there is even a remote possibility of an animal attacking testicles Smile animal of than me, i mean
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:59 am

I was getting ready to buy an Iron Jock to wear under my swim suit.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:12 pm

LOL, urban legend or Illinois Dept of Tourism spin control notwithstanding, I'm sticking with the pool.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:LOL, urban legend or Illinois Dept of Tourism spin control notwithstanding, I'm sticking with the pool.

Tony Marino wrote:I was getting ready to buy an Iron Jock to wear under my swim suit.

I ain't 'fraid of no fish!
    Pacu Fish Is Testicle-Eating Species In Illinois Lake Rchalljock
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Shale wrote:

LOL is that a Jock made of chain mail??
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Shale wrote:

ROFLMAO! I just hope the fish doesn't get his teeth stuck in there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Shale wrote:

How about sinking like a rock? Doesn't that worry you? Wink
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm

LOL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:27 am