"Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

"Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List Empty
PostSubject: "Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List   "Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:40 pm

So, I found out today a homeless shelter here is in dire need of certain food products due to the high number of families they have right now. So, I went to their site to see what was on this immediate needs listing and they had cookies and sweets on there as one of they things.

This rubs me the wrong way. Yeah, kids need a treat once in a while, and I am sure people donate cookies and candy. But to ask for it on an "immediate needs" list is selfish and bad P.R.

I wonder how many will see that on there and wonder just how truly dire the other needs on the list are.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

"Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List   "Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Comfort Food.

It may not be as physically nutritious but there is value in it to 'nourish the soul.'

It is why I paid a premium for some oatmeal while traveling thru Afghanistan, and was so happy to find a restaurant that served eggplant parmesan and red wine in the Deccan of India.
Back to top Go down

"Cookies and Sweets" Listed on Homeless Shelter's Immediate Needs List
Page 1 of 1