CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Tony Marino
Shale
Suzi
Supernova
RedBedroom
9 posters

I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.  Empty I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 am

This nasty little dude was inside Dad's house Saturday night. He died overnight as he was caught in the fishing net. I am the one who got him out (while donning work gloves) Sunday morning.

I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.  Img_1315
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.  Empty Re: I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 am

What is it?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.  Empty Re: I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 am

Super, it is a bat. There were bats that exited my dad's roof this weekend. Saturday night, this little guy went inside the house and my son's uncle got him with the net and he was dead Sunday morning. So, I took him out of the net and his little back legs were stuck. It would have been simple had I worn rubber gloves, but I had big work gloves on and it took a long while to get him free.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm

You know of course that bats carry rabies? And for him to have died that way I would wonder why. Was he one who died of rabies? Gawd, they are probably the ugliest most repulsive mammal in the whole animal kingdom! I wouldn't have touched him even with gloves, shudder!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Suzi wrote:You know of course that bats carry rabies? And for him to have died that way I would wonder why. Was he one who died of rabies? Gawd, they are probably the ugliest most repulsive mammal in the whole animal kingdom! I wouldn't have touched him even with gloves, shudder!

Oddly enough for you always hearing about rabid bats, skunks as a whole species are WAY more rabid than bats ever were. I wonder why that is?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Supernova wrote: Oddly enough for you always hearing about rabid bats, skunks as a whole species are WAY more rabid than bats ever were. I wonder why that is?

IDK, but raccoons are right up there in the rabies carriers too. And, unlike skunks ppl get close to them so it is a real danger.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm

YUK!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Wow!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Supernova wrote:What is it?
    LMAO! Ironic considering a certain movie you've talked about a number of times Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Shale wrote:

IDK, but raccoons are right up there in the rabies carriers too. And, unlike skunks ppl get close to them so it is a real danger.

I wouldn't get near a raccoon with or without the rabies. Those things will fuck you up.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Supernova wrote:

Oddly enough for you always hearing about rabid bats, skunks as a whole species are WAY more rabid than bats ever were. I wonder why that is?
    The difference is that bats are the only mammal that contracts rabies and recovers and therefore become carriers. Other mammals die of rabies so no carriers. I just assumed most people were aware of that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Eww!

Sorry, you put my name in the title saying not to look, I'm gonna look.

You got lots of balls handling that nasty little shit by yourself. I literally would have ran screaming and called someone over.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Cheaps wrote:Eww!

You got lots of balls handling that nasty little shit by yourself. I literally would have ran screaming and called someone over.

Well...she used this Wink
    I got this little guy out of the net. Cheaps, don't look.  Img_1316
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    LMAO! Ironic considering a certain movie you've talked about a number of times Wink

Well it's true what people say, it looked like a rat.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 am

Cheaps wrote:Eww!

Well, there were kids there and they were all still asleep. I wanted to get rid of it before they even had a chance to be around it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 am

Suzi wrote:You know of course that bats carry rabies? And for him to have died that way I would wonder why. Was he one who died of rabies? Gawd, they are probably the ugliest most repulsive mammal in the whole animal kingdom! I wouldn't have touched him even with gloves, shudder!

Suzi, I was actually surprised he died overnight in that net. Do you think he was already sick? Jay and I actually had a debate about it because he thought one night without eating would kill him. But I thought it was abnormal.

Yeah, I know they carry rabies. A young lady around here a few years ago got rabies from a bat and she had a slew of medical difficulties stemming from it.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:05 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

Suzi, I was actually surprised he died overnight in that net. Do you think he was already sick? Jay and I actually had a debate about it because he thought one night without eating would kill him. But I thought it was abnormal.

Yeah, I know they carry rabies. A young lady around here a few years ago got rabies from a bat and she had a slew of medical difficulties stemming from it.

I don't know why he died, all I know is many bats recover from rabies and become carriers. Made me wonder, There was a young boy who survived rabies and did he become a carrier? Some people got typhoid, recovered and became carriers, we had a carrier in my own family. But then some people survived and didn't become carriers. Not many survive actually having rabies, the shots were once really hellish too. Now I think they have reduced the shots from the 10 my cousin had to have to 3. She got hers in the abdomen.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 pm

They're so creepy! lol
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:04 pm

I like bats. I think they are fascinating. But I would have called Critter Gitters because yeah I would have been afraid of rabies. You are very brave.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:31 pm