Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)

Go down 
+11
Rainmaker
Kral
RedBedroom
captainbryce
CeCe
Shale
Marc™
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Chris
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) Empty
PostSubject: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:00 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/adam-smith-chick-fil-a-drive-bully_n_1735357.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Quote :
Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)

Posted: 08/02/2012 10:12 pm Updated: 08/03/2012 5:15 pm

Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) S-ADAM-SMITH-CHICK-FIL-A-BULLY-large
There has been lots of drama recently about Chick-Fil-A, its president Dan Cathy, and the fast-food chain's documented financial backing of anti-gay Christian organizations.

First, The Jim Henson Company pulled their support. Then, Boston Mayor Tom Menino vowed to block the chicken sandwich maker from setting up shop in his city, and Chicago politicians made similar promises.

Despite these gestures, however, Chick-Fil-A seems to be unmoved, not backing down from its stance no matter the PR costs.

So when customers began showing up for an August 1st event that former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee had earlier hailed as "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day," one man decided to take matters into his own hands and give the company a piece of his mind.

In a video posted to YouTube earlier today, a man named Adam Smith goes to the Chick-Fil-A drive-through, orders water and proceeds to bully the young female employee who serves him.

The video then went viral, and, according to a MarketWire statement, Smith was subsequently fired from his job as the CFO of Vante, Inc., a Tucson, Ariz., based medical device manufacturer.

A PR statement released by the company reads:
Quote :
The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.

WATCH the video above, or read a transcript of the encounter, below:

Quote :
Smith: "You know why I'm getting my free water, right?"
Worker: "No."
S: "Because Chick-Fil-A is a hateful corporation."
W: "I disagree. We don't treat any of our customers differently.."
S: "I know, but the corporation gives money to hate groups. Hate groups. Just because people want to kiss another guy."
W: "I'm staying neutral on this subject... my personal beliefs don't belong in the workplace."
S: "Yeah I believe that too, I don't believe corporations should be giving money to hateful groups.. I'll take my water"
W: "I'm really uncomfortable that you're videotaping this.."
W: "It's my pleasure to serve you, always."
S: "Oh of course, I'm glad that I can take a little bit of money from Chick-Fil-A, and maybe less money to hate groups."
W: "Well we're always happy to serve all our guests."
S: "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here. I don't understand it. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values. You deserve better."
W: "I hope you have a really nice day, and.."
S: "I will, I just did something really good, I feel purposeful, thank you so much."
S: "Have a good day... I'm a nice guy by the way, and I'm totally heterosexual.. not a gay [unintelligible] in me, I just can't stand the hate, you know? It's gotta stop, guys. Stand up."
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:19 am

He's a bigot. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:47 pm

No, he's an asshole. All bigots are assholes but not all assholes are bigots. If that had been S. Truett Cathy taking a shift at the drive-thru instead of one of his employees, it would have been fine.

Last edited by Alan Smithee on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Customer was in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Dude was a dick.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Sort of an irony that the douche picking on an employee who works for a despicable company but did an excellent job of fielding a hostile assault should work for a reputable company that values its public image enuf to publicly dump him.

Ppl should pick their battles, maybe do more strategic than tactical protest. Calling out the company leaders is all that is necessary. Harassing the workers who need the job and as I understand have relatively good working conditions is uncalled for.

However, there still may be a wrongful termination issue with the belligerant guy, since he did not indicate where he worked and was doing his thing on his own time. (Also, I'm not convinced he ain't gay)
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
No, he's an asshole. All bigots are assholes but not all assholes are bigots. If that had been S. Truett Cathy taking a shift at the drive-thru instead of one of his employees, it would have been fine.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
He's a bigot. lol
No he's not, because that's not what bigot means. big grin
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Shale wrote:
Sort of an irony that the douche picking on an employee who works for a despicable company but did an excellent job of fielding a hostile assault should work for a reputable company that values its public image enuf to publicly dump him.

Ppl should pick their battles, maybe do more strategic than tactical protest. Calling out the company leaders is all that is necessary. Harassing the workers who need the job and as I understand have relatively good working conditions is uncalled for.

However, there still may be a wrongful termination issue with the belligerant guy, since he did not indicate where he worked and was doing his thing on his own time. (Also, I'm not convinced he ain't gay)
co-signs
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 pm

The guy is a repulsive idiot. She handled it like a pro and it sucks that now this video she did not consent to be in has gone viral.

That said, I don't think he should have been fired. I can't imagine any employment contract that would cover what he did as being grounds for termination.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 pm

This guy is a pompous jerk. He needs to learn to pick his battles a little more carefully. I don't think he did the pro-equality side any favors by acting like should a a-hole and posting the video. This plays right into the anti-equality sides hands. Far as him being fired...I don't think he deserved it, but I don't feel too bad for him either.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Rainmaker

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:51 am

I guess this guy brought it on himself recording and posting this video, but it seems a little crazy that he lost his job over this. He didn't identify himself as being employed with his company, so I don't see what his personal beliefs have to do with his job.

This incident really exposes the lack of privacy that we have now. "Don't dare post your opinion or we will fire you!" So my guess is the CEO is a "conservative 'christian'" and fired him for expressing his opinion. How is this not a violation of first amendment rights? If I were that CEO, I would be really worried about the HUGE lawsuit that is on its way.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 am

Rainmaker wrote:
I guess this guy brought it on himself recording and posting this video, but it seems a little crazy that he lost his job over this. He didn't identify himself as being employed with his company, so I don't see what his personal beliefs have to do with his job.

This incident really exposes the lack of privacy that we have now. "Don't dare post your opinion or we will fire you!" So my guess is the CEO is a "conservative 'christian'" and fired him for expressing his opinion. How is this not a violation of first amendment rights? If I were that CEO, I would be really worried about the HUGE lawsuit that is on its way.

The guy who made & posted the video doesn't work for Chick-Fil-A but I'm guessing his employer didn't want the bad publicity since the name of the company came out as well so they fired him. It's not really right in my opinion for employers to use facebook posts or internet use against their employees but right now I don't think this guy would have a wrongful termination case because sometimes an employee can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:08 am

He's apologized & it seems sincere. Hope next time he just orders the damn water & keeps going.

Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:14 pm

What a jerk.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I call b.s. on this "apology" video. I think he did this video with the sole intent of being celebrated as a hero online. It didn't go down that way. I don't think he expected the negativity, such as his employer, alma mater and family to become targets. And it is pretty shitty if people are directing anger anywhere over this. It happened, move on. People making aggressive phone calls is no better than what he did. But I don't think he genuinely feels for the woman. He just knows it's the right thing to say to gain forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Totally agree!
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I call b.s. on this "apology" video. I think he did this video with the sole intent of being celebrated as a hero online. It didn't go down that way. I don't think he expected the negativity, such as his employer, alma mater and family to become targets. And it is pretty shitty if people are directing anger anywhere over this. It happened, move on. People making aggressive phone calls is no better than what he did. But I don't think he genuinely feels for the woman. He just knows it's the right thing to say to gain forgiveness.

co-signs
If the reaction had been less negative, I wonder if this apology would have been made. People with activist complexes that go to attacking and posturing are always sorry when not enough people come to their defense for showing their ass.
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I think his intentions were good but he got swept up in the hype. Was he a jerk for browbeating this poor employee yes? Yes! But what's being overlooked is that Dan Cathy puts his own employees who he doesn't care about in the position of having to be soldiers in his hateful war on equality. He picks a fight with an entire community of people and then expects this lady at the drive thru window to handle it. Not right!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:15 am

I don't think this guy had good intentions. Mr. Smith's intentions were to be a jackass and nothing more. Nobody fighting against CFA has good intentions.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:25 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I don't think this guy had good intentions. Mr. Smith's intentions were to be a jackass and nothing more. Nobody fighting against CFA has good intentions.
On the contrary, nobody SUPPORTING CFA has good intentions.

Did I Say That?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:30 am

captainbryce wrote:
On the contrary, nobody SUPPORTING CFA has good intentions.

Did I Say That?

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Here's a little lighter vid, actually a free commercial for Chick-Fil-A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

They so kind, wonder if Dan Cathy appreciates it.

BTW, Dan Savage thinks Chick-Fil-A is an obvious synonym for pegging. As in "Her boyfriend is kinda homophobic; but he loves Chick-Fil-A."
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 am

Shale wrote:
Here's a little lighter vid, actually a free commercial for Chick-Fil-A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

They so kind, wonder if Dan Cathy appreciates it.

BTW, Dan Savage thinks Chick-Fil-A is an obvious synonym for pegging. As in "Her boyfriend is kinda homophobic; but he loves Chick-Fil-A."

LOVE Willam Belli! Yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)   Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1