Parents making their kids fight their enemies Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents making their kids fight their enemies

Go down 
+6
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
stonestatic
femme fatale
10 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Parents making their kids fight their enemies Empty
PostSubject: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm

My aunt once told a story about how when she was a child she being picked on by another girl who chased her home. When she got to her front door, my grandma refused to let her in because she wanted her to fight the girl.

You don't see much of that no more.

What do you think about parents who MAKE their kids fight their enemies and bullies, would you make your kid do that?
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:15 pm

No I wouldn't make my child fight someone they were terrified of. That sounds like child abuse to me. Parents are supposed to PROTECT their children, not put them in harms way.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I wouldn't force him or her to do it, but I understand the concept behind it. I had to fight a girl who was always picking on me (ironically, me and her sister were friends) and my mother was standing around when I did it. She didn't pick on me anymore after that fight.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 pm

My dad was like that. I remember when I was little he said to me once that he would kick my ass if I let somebody beat me up.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 am

I think it is an awful thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 am

I don't believe in forcing the kid to fight the bullies. However if they willfully give their bully a black eye, I'd probably take them out to dinner. big grin lol (My kid, not the bully. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am

My dad had a similar attitude. He always enforced that if anyone dare lay a finger on me, that I was to break it. Me, myself, I wouldn't make my kid fight, but (depending on the situation) I might absolutely encourage it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 am

I would not encourage it. When I was a kid we had to fight the bullies without interference from the parents.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:10 am

femme fatale wrote:
...You don't see much of that no more.

What do you think about parents who MAKE their kids fight their enemies and bullies, would you make your kid do that?

You don't see it so much any more because it is an archaic attitude from several centuries back, when adult males dueled to the death. My dad was a scrapper and it was assumed that boys would fight. I managed to avoid fighting in my youth, being raised perhaps in the first civilized generation.

I think encouraging kids to fight, rather than intervene as an adult sends a wrong message. What will be their social skills when they are adults and fighting becomes a criminal offense of battery and the cops will put you in jail and you will be liable to imprisonment, fines and perhaps civil damages.

Best to teach kids that there are authorities to intercede in differences, that physical confrontation should be avoided if possible. Of course if you are being attacked with no authority to intervene then you must protect yourself, but otherwise call the cops (or if you are a kid, the adults).
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

I'd encourage them to stand up for themselves, whether or not that came down to violence, but I wouldn't set up time & place for them to scrap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents making their kids fight their enemies   Parents making their kids fight their enemies Empty

Back to top Go down

Parents making their kids fight their enemies
Page 1 of 1