'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'

Go down 
+3
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' Empty
PostSubject: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48652479/ns/today-books/#.UCl1R51mTsY

Granted I haven't had to buy a new dictionary for a few years but with this addition, aren't they leaving a few other choice words out or have those already been added?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 pm

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' 2517814472

I'd rather say fuck.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) I's rather fuck.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:46 pm

LOL, this reminds me of a so-so movie, My Fellow Americans with James Garner and Jack Lemon as two feuding ex-Presidents. Lauren Bacall plays Lemon's wife and she says this line to her husband, "Don't say "freaking", Russ. If you have to use the "F" word, go for the gold."
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
LOL, this reminds me of a so-so movie, My Fellow Americans with James Garner and Jack Lemon as two feuding ex-Presidents. Lauren Bacall plays Lemon's wife and she says this line to her husband, "Don't say "freaking", Russ. If you have to use the "F" word, go for the gold."

We love that movie. And it's funny because my mother is kind of the same way, she says if you're going to say fricking you might as well say the real word, but she never wants to hear the real one either.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I've never understood buzz words being added. I think in recent years words such as "bootie" have been added.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I've never understood buzz words being added. I think in recent years words such as "bootie" have been added.

Lot more than that, Red, and that's why I'll stick with my copy from 1996, all the relevant words are still in there.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:33 am

honestly.. i dont have a problem with any word being in the dictionary. I think that slang/profanity only has the power you give it. if people get over it, and are not offended by it, then its no longer offensive
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:20 am

wants2laugh wrote:
honestly.. i dont have a problem with any word being in the dictionary. I think that slang/profanity only has the power you give it. if people get over it, and are not offended by it, then its no longer offensive
co-signs

I loathe fucking codewords or what I call words that dare not speak their name. It is a silly game of prudes to use letters to euphemise words rather than go ahead and write out the fucking offensive word, clearly saying what you mean.

BTW, is F-word for Fuck or Faggot? If N-word is a euphemism for Nigger, then F-word might be for Faggot. So there is confusion when a person or newpaper editor is too fucking timid to write what the fuck he means to say.

Is there a word for 'F Blanket Bombing? blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 am

‘F-bomb’? Why not just list the actual word.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'   'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' Empty

Back to top Go down

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'
Page 1 of 1