Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?

Go down 
+8
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Impact
CeCe
Marc™
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? Empty
PostSubject: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Aside from basics, like writing utensils and notebooks, do you think taking a kid shopping for a whole new wardrobe is necessary? There's only a two and a half to three month gap in between the end of the previous school year and the next.

When you were a kid, did you always get new clothes for the new school year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Not it's not necessary for clothing at all. I have to shake my head at those parents rushing out to buy full wardrobes of cold weather clothing in August when the kids won't need them until October. What if they grow? My son will be wearing shorts for at least the first month of school. So I got him one pair of jeans that fit him a bit big.

Buying new shoes, I understand. Let the kids wear out their kicks from spring all summer long, then get them new ones for fall.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Not for us anymore cool dance
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 pm

They don't get a whole new wardrobe. They get 3-4 new pairs of pants, 3-4 new shirts, some new socks....and a new pack of underwear if needed. That's basically it.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Not always necessary. I understand wanting a few new things but an entire wardrobe can be excessive especially in this economy.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Yes it is. Kids tend to grow during the summer and the school clothes they were just a few months ago are likely to be too small and warn. And what they wore every day during the summer isn't going to work with the seasonal change that happens within weeks of the new school year.

It's the second biggest hassle for parents after Xmas shopping, but it is necessary to buy them new clothes around back to school time.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Marc™ wrote:
They don't get a whole new wardrobe. They get 3-4 new pairs of pants, 3-4 new shirts, some new socks....and a new pack of underwear if needed. That's basically it.

For me that is a whole new wardrobe!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't think its necessary to by a full new wardrobe only what the kid needs. We used to get some new clothes when we went to school but going to a Catholic School, we had a uniform.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes, back to school shopping is necessary. Kids grow.....fast. It would be smart to buy them clothes they could grow into later, but for the most part, they're going to need a new wardrobe. I bought my sister a ton of clothes for school last year and she can't wear any of them now. She can't even wear her shoes anymore. I got new clothes every year.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Yes and yes.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:35 am

I think it's necessary. As someone pointed out, kids grow. Plus, it's just a thing in my family. New school year, new clothes. If you can do it, why not?
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:55 pm

My son grew 13 inches in one year, try keeping that in pants! He also has the stretch marks to prove it, however they are on his back mostly and the stretch marks turn purplish when he is swimming or shirtless any time else. People assumed they were knife fight scars. silly people! He allows them to think what they wish.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

I guess it depends on the kid, but I don't see it as frivolous. Everyone needs their wardrobe updated at least once a year, and back to school is a good time to do that for kids.

Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?   Is Back-to-School shopping necessary? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Back-to-School shopping necessary?
Page 1 of 1