Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake Empty
PostSubject: Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake   Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 pm

This was an avoidable tragedy.

Quote :
Massachusetts couple boating on a pond drowned Monday trying to rescue their dog, The Associated Press reported.

Authorities said Daniel Cyr, 64, and his wife, Patricia, 61, were on their pontoon boat at Hampton Ponds State Park when their female terrier dog ended up in the water around 6:25 p.m.

The Westfield News reported that Daniel Cyr jumped in after the dog and became distressed, prompting Patricia to go in after him and she then ran into trouble herself. Boaters in the area heard screams and came to assist the couple.

Witnesses said a boat pulled Patricia out of the water while a jet skier pulled Daniel to the surface so a second boater could take him to shore.

Attempts to resuscitate the two victims were under way when paramedics arrived.

The victims were taken to different hospitals, where each was pronounced dead.

The dog was found unharmed (who didn't see that coming?) and taken by an animal control officer to an animal municipal shelter, according to the paper.

Sgt. Raymond Manos of the Westfield police told the Boston Globe that the park is a popular recreation area and has many boaters this time of year. Westfield is in southwest Massachusetts near Springfield.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21/13396442-massachusetts-couple-drowns-trying-to-rescue-dog-from-lake?lite
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake   Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 pm

So sad. And like you said, totally avoidable. I have always wondered if I would ever take my dog on our boat. I don't think I would because I am not a strong swimmer. This story solidifies the fact I won't. I still haven't been on the boat and I think he's had it two years! But I thought if I ever did, I would want to take my little guy along so he's not home alone. But, nope.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake   Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 pm

At least not without a doggie life jacket!
Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake Designer-Doggy-Life-Jacket-t
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake   Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, I seriously would buy him one if we were to take him on the boat. I have already priced them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake   Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake Empty

Back to top Go down

Massachusetts couple drowns trying to rescue dog from lake
Page 1 of 1