CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
tmontyb
Alan Smithee
Shale
Hyacinth Girl
8 posters

I'm Taking A Forum Break

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

I'm Taking A Forum Break Empty I'm Taking A Forum Break

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey all,

I'll be taking a break from the forum for a bit--just found out today that in addition to teaching Chemistry, I will also be teaching a second course, Blood Bank. Problem is, is that classes start in a week and a half, and as was with chem, there's nothing put together for BB. Soooo, I need to hit the books again, and fast, and hope to try to get at least a couple of weeks of lectures written before I start, and the rest I'll have to do as I go along.

I'll peek in here when I can, but I'll probably be scarce for a while until I get the first half of this 2 part course done, so in advance, no, I didn't drop off the face of the Earth, I'm just drowning in textbooks right now! LOL

I'll come up for air, here and there, though, and everyone say a big ol' prayer for me, that I can get this done!

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

I'm Taking A Forum Break Empty Re: I'm Taking A Forum Break

Post by Shale Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Have fun! big grin

When you get back we can discuss why the FDA insists on those discriminatory personal interviews at blood banks instead of relying on rigorous testing for pathogens in the blood.

You know "Are you a man who has had sex with another man even once since 1977?"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:42 pm

We'll leave a light on for you Smile
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:We'll leave a light on for you Smile

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Be easy.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks guys and I just finished outlining course-1, so this may go faster than expected as blood bank is my forte. Shale, donor centers ask those questions to eliminate potential risky donors right at the start, to not waste anyone's time or blood as well as supplies to take the donation . Cost is everything in healthcare and even if you do pass inspection and can give a unit, all blood is subject to the rigorous testing to ensure it's safety. If any surprises are found, you'll be notified and deferred from future donations. Myself, I can't even donate and have been booted off the bone marrow donor list I was on-- my having had cancer took care of permanently deferring me.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

Hgirl, when you first spoke about teaching the class this fall, it seemed so far away! Now it's here and you are tasked with another course! Good luck!! I know you will do great! Glad you are getting it completed faster than you predicted.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Good Luck!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes--it came up fast, and a week from this Tuesday, is day-1! Yikes! I've gotten the first half of the second course outlined and the syllabus ready, and I'm hoping for a slow weekend at work, this weekend, so I can work more on it from there. This is the course I originally wanted, but it wasn't available at the time, but due to a last minute re-arrange in teachers, I got it along with chemistry. I'm so glad I got chem-1 and chem-2 already done, otherwise I'd be sobbing uncontrollably right now! But at least blood bank comes very naturally for me and it's my ultimate forte, so I can bang it out faster than I did for chem!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:36 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Hey all,

I'll be taking a break from the forum for a bit--just found out today that in addition to teaching Chemistry, I will also be teaching a second course, Blood Bank. Problem is, is that classes start in a week and a half, and as was with chem, there's nothing put together for BB. Soooo, I need to hit the books again, and fast, and hope to try to get at least a couple of weeks of lectures written before I start, and the rest I'll have to do as I go along.

I'll peek in here when I can, but I'll probably be scarce for a while until I get the first half of this 2 part course done, so in advance, no, I didn't drop off the face of the Earth, I'm just drowning in textbooks right now! LOL

I'll come up for air, here and there, though, and everyone say a big ol' prayer for me, that I can get this done!

Hey the family is going to miss you, don't stay away too long!!!

bear hug
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Hey the family is going to miss you, don't stay away too long!!!

bear hug

LOL--I won't! I just have to buckle down hard this next two weeks, and if I'm at a good point then, I can take a breather. I got tons done last night at work, and I'm hoping for another slow night, tonight, so I can do more, and I have 2 hours right now to get a portion done before I head to the lab. I wish they'd made this decision earlier, but they kept letting themselves get strung along by potential candidates for the microbiology teacher position, instead of putting their foot down and making them be on their timetable, not the other way around like they did. Oh well, at least I got the course I really wanted, so that's good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:42 pm