CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Suzi
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
9 posters

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Empty When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:03 am

I remember being very young and as we went through Wisconsin Dells on our way home to Chicago from our summer place, my parents would always talk about wanting to ride on the "ducks." Well these "duck" boats are real boats that are fit for land and water. I worried year-round they would decide to ride actual ducks and I wouldn't be able to save my Mom.

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9w5gkQu3WfJZyNcFa6SLow94NY3Hzr7Jf_97-M53lNh6byAx9BQ
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Empty Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 am

thinking Shrugs (Oh well…)
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Empty Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?

Post by captainbryce Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes, because I worried about everything as a kid.

Nuclear War
    Earthquakes
    Aliens/Alien Invasion
    Ghosts/Poltergeists
    Hell/Demons

and more realistically....

Serial Killers
    Kidnappers
    Child Molesters
    Car Accident
    Plane Crash

I was pretty paranoid at life as a kid. That's why I couldn't wait to grow up.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I grew up during the cold war, we had nuclear bomb attack alarms where we had to get under our school desks cover our heads with our arms. They seem to have stopped that when I got to high school however I suppose because we were by then too big to get under our desks and besides we girls all had to wear dresses or skirts and some of those skirts were so tight she couldn't have gotten in to the position!

Then people were building bomb shelters and trying to keep it secret from their neighbors too.

I wasn't too worried about it until I was an adult during the Cuban missile crisis, then for a while I was terrified for my children, until I realized if one of us died we all would.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

I thought there was a green skinned, red eyed witch in my grandmother's utility closet. When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? 2517814472
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 am

Back in the eighties, I remember there was a bunch of seemingly negative predictions about how by the year 2000, America would be owned by Japanese. For some reason that used to worry me.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 am

Most of the things I worried about as a child were the most ridiculous things. One that I remember was we had some new kind of sprinkler system, with those soaker pipes, you had these long pipes with holes in them so the whole area was covered, and I guess the spigot got stuck because nobody could get it turned off and I remember worrying that our whole yard would be flooded because the water would not shut off, no matter what we did.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 am

wow... i really dont remember ever worrying about anything like that.

The one thing that seemed to bother all of my siblings and i was that my father was shot on the second floor of our house, and no one wanted to go upstairs with the lights off. It was a very old house-- the upstairs light switch had to be on to turn the light on/off from downstairs. I remember my teenaged sisters used to beg me and my bro to go up and turn on the light.... but as i got older, i didnt like being the one to do it either! LOL

the weird thing is... my father never bothered anyone when he was alive... so why would be afraid of him once he was dead???
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

I also worried all the time about the KKK. I always thought they were in my basement. Mom would tell me they were not going to hurt me but it made no matter to me..I knew how hateful they were and saw them at a park in Chicago on more than one occasion.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:55 am

My mother once made a set of curtains and the way they hung in the kitchen window looked the outline of a man--- you could see the "head" and "shoulders" of the outline from the living room at night... it was scary
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 am

After seeing news reports about radon gas, I used to think we had it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:36 am