If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?

Go down 
+9
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
GrayWolf
Supernova
AtownPeep
Jason B.
Shale
Suzi
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? Empty
PostSubject: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen the movie The Box with Cameron Diaz, where a couple is given a box and offered one million dollars if they press the button on top. However once the button has been pushed someone, somewhere, will die.

Let's up the ante to fifty million. If you could have fifty million dollars just for pressing one button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?

To further qualify the question: you would not know who the person is, what happened to them, or ever hear news of their death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 pm

50 million, yikes that would be very tempting, maybe I could soothe my conscience by using most of the money to help save peoples lives? Could I push the button, I really don't know.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Suzi wrote:
50 million, yikes that would be very tempting, maybe I could soothe my conscience by using most of the money to help save peoples lives? Could I push the button, I really don't know.
co-signs
Conundrum
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 pm

My immediate reaction is to say NO but they better get that effin box away from me FAST because I don't know how long my morality would last with THAT much $$$ on the line.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Jason B. wrote:
My immediate reaction is to say NO but they better get that effin box away from me FAST because I don't know how long my morality would last with THAT much $$$ on the line.

IKR. I would resist pushing the button initially but that box couldn't stay in my eye shot, else somebody's eventually gonna parish.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Nope. I've always found it ironic how human lives are considered expendable but money, which is always being printed up and there's always going to be more of, is supposed to take precedence over human lives which are not replaceable.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I'd be disgruntle but I wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Chris wrote:

Let's up the ante to fifty million. If you could have fifty million dollars just for pressing one button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?

To further qualify the question: You would not in anyway know who the person is, what happened to them, or ever hear of the person who dies.

Fuck it, yes I would.

Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Jason B. wrote:

yeah that… Get thee behind me Satan, and don't push. But if I could chose the motherfucker? thinking evil grin
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Cheaps wrote:

Fuck it, yes I would.

co-signs We all gotta die sometime.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I don't know if I could, I would have to be in the situation to really test it. I would hope I would not push that button.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Since I believe in karma, I won't even put it in the air what I'd do. If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? 273237
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Cheaps wrote:

Fuck it, yes I would.

But , but what if I was the one to die? big grin

Oh and is the 50 mil tax free?
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 pm

I would love to say NO. I'm afraid of karma, the next person who pushes the box might kill me--- and no i didnt see the movie... so maybe i will go check it out.

but if i had $50million, would i care if i died? by the time the box killed me, i may have already traveled the world and bought the things i wanted LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:10 am

wants2laugh wrote:
I would love to say NO. I'm afraid of karma, the next person who pushes the box might kill me--- and no i didnt see the movie... so maybe i will go check it out.

but if i had $50million, would i care if i died? by the time the box killed me, i may have already traveled the world and bought the things i wanted LOL

But what if that next person pressed the button the day after you collected the 50 mil?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?   If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could have $50,000,000 for just pressing a button, but one person (somewhere in the world) would die because of it, would you do it?
Page 1 of 1