Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute

Go down 
+3
CeCe
RedBedroom
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute Empty
PostSubject: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:54 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/18/13937310-convicted-ohio-killer-im-too-obese-to-be-executed?lite&ocid=msnhp

All the more reason why we should bring back firing squads, no problem there. Not that we really give a damn if it's upsetting for him, he killed somebody in cold blood, let him be upset.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm

The interesting part of this story is him getting the death penalty after pleading no contest.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
The interesting part of this story is him getting the death penalty after pleading no contest.

I still don't get how that whole 'no contest' thing works, either you did it or you didn't so where's this third option come in?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:36 pm

I would like to know the original logic behind the "no contest" option. I understand why people do it and in what small ways it differs from guilty, but I don't know why the court system originally put it in place.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:01 pm

He weighs almost 500 pounds so eventually he's going to have a "situation". So I take it when he has one of those situations, if they can't find a vein because of his weight they won't be able to administer an IV for the meds he would need to live either. Problem solved? Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:27 pm

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

So? Go the other route. Keep feeding him 'till he pops like a Monty Python sketch.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Wasn't this in the news not too long ago, I seem to recall seeing it on TV?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:00 pm

There have been similar cases Tony. Sometimes a judge has told the condemned to go fuck themselves (in nice legal terms) and sometimes the prisoner got away with it I think.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
There have been similar cases Tony. Sometimes a judge has told the condemned to go fuck themselves (in nice legal terms) and sometimes the prisoner got away with it I think.

I am recognizing the guy in the photo and that is why I am sure I saw this not long ago.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm

According to The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Vantz's son, William, laughed when he first heard about the request, but immediately turned serious.

"I don't care if they have to wheel him in on a tractor-trailer; 30 years is too long," he said, according to The Plain Dealer. "Enough is enough. This is just an excuse to get out of the execution."

That right there speaks for itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute   Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute Empty

Back to top Go down

Convicted Ohio killer says he's too obese to execute
Page 1 of 1