Airlines charge extra for families to sit together Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airlines charge extra for families to sit together

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Airlines charge extra for families to sit together Empty
PostSubject: Airlines charge extra for families to sit together   Airlines charge extra for families to sit together EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

http://redtape.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/18/13921681-airlines-playing-chicken-with-passengers-charging-you-get-to-sit-with-your-kid-fee?lite

The airlines might be rubbing it in everybody's faces that they can pretty much do whatever they want since a lot of people need to fly and don't have a lot of options, and they can get away with it, but every time they pull some new stunt, they are also guaranteeing they will NEVER see any of my money. At the rate the experience of flying is going, I'm going to stay on land for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Airlines charge extra for families to sit together   Airlines charge extra for families to sit together EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 pm

That's total bull shit. I understand airlines have to sometimes change plane assignments and with that comes seat changes. What gets me is it was doable to seat them together...for a fee. Screw that. They booked in advance.

This is good info for people flying with kids a lot. My friend is flying one of those airlines that does direct flights to Disney. She is literally scared shitless because she isn't sure the airline will still be flying from here when the time comes. And they can't afford to take the kids if they don't get this cheapie deal.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Airlines charge extra for families to sit together   Airlines charge extra for families to sit together EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:56 pm

I flew a lot in the '70s the golden age of flying. The airlines treated you like you were paying to fly on their planes, not like you were a freeloading bum who could be pushed around. Could you believe our plane broke down in Paris and the airline put us up for a night in their hotel downtown? Does that happen any more? Or do you just sleep on the floor of the airport waiting for the next plane?

Anyhow, I just started flying again after a quarter century of trains and buses to get around. But the air service, while faster has degenerated to being Greyhound in the sky.

Next Wednesday I am flying to DC on American Airlines. I have been watching the news of AA labor disputes going on and now have to watch not only the tropical storm weather but whether AA is flying or on strike. Maybe I shoulda done the train again.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Airlines charge extra for families to sit together   Airlines charge extra for families to sit together EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I don't get it if you buy the tickets all at once and purchase a block at the same time then you all sit together?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Airlines charge extra for families to sit together   Airlines charge extra for families to sit together EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm scratching my head over this. When my wife printed out our boarding passes for our flight home last Sunday she was able to change our seat assignments so we were all sitting closer together. No big deal. But they had already banged us over the head for $25 to check one bag. Wasn't that long ago that you only were charged for extra baggage.

That being said, yeah it is kind of bullshit to pull that for a flight that was booked enough in advance so they could sit together. But as the article alluded to, I think they could have found a volunteer to switch seats away from the hysterical 5 year old screaming for her mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airlines charge extra for families to sit together   Airlines charge extra for families to sit together Empty

Back to top Go down

Airlines charge extra for families to sit together
Page 1 of 1