CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Tony Marino
Supernova
6 posters

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Empty Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Post by Supernova Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm guessing it's a safe bet that I'm the only person here who has watched this show. The redneck family from Toddlers and Tiaras got their own spinoff and I do believe it's become a bigger hit than its predecessor.

I'm sure everybody remembers my announcement about white trash OFFICIALLY making it into children pageants, well boy you watch this family and you start to realize that they are the most FUNCTIONAL family in TLC's parade of children beauty pageants. The funny part is that they do pageants, but they're not die hard into it like all the other families, it's like they do it and yeah it's expensive but it's just fun for Alanna (Honey Boo Boo) and if the day comes she doesn't want to do them anymore, then that'll be that and they'll move on to something else.

It's funny because everybody badmouths this family because they're fat, they're slobs, they eat junk (spaghetti mixed in melted butter and ketchup is the family recipe), they're loud, they don't censor themselves, etc., but you can tell they are a good family and they love each other. The people that really need to get a life, all these people I've seen saying the 6 year old is FAT and therefore she has no business being in pageants. Excuse me?

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo 171773_honey-boo-boo-sings-a-song-about-kim-kardashian

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Honey-Boo-Boo-Alana-Thompson-Sparkle-Shine-640x366

She is adorable, and what I like about her mother is she is real, she does not pretend they are classy and special like all those other bitchy moms on the pageant show, she doesn't wear any makeup, that's something I like because I'm sick of all the women 'oh I NEVER go anywhere without makeup on'. Now, in one episode they were all getting weighed and the mom, June, weighed in at 309 pounds, which yeah is fat, she is fat, there's no denying that, but she really has very little trouble moving around and she is always moving around, they're always doing stuff. Over the summer we saw them go mud bogging, go to the water park, saw them do Christmas in July for charity, decorate their whole yard and the dad dressed up like Santa Claus to collect toy and food donations for poor families. People can badmouth this family all they want but they're good people and they're real, and their family comes first.

The oldest daughter who is 17 had a baby in the show's first season finale, and it was the day Alanna was supposed to do a pageant and June said 'if this baby comes today, we won't do the pageant', they stayed at the hospital, and the baby was born with two thumbs on one hand. And this is a point where the people watching the show are writing 'OMG I would cut that off ASAP!', but the mom said 'every baby is born with something special and this is hers' and one of the sisters gave the baby a high-six. They are supportive of one another and that makes them ten times better than all the people saying 'they're all fat, take those kids away, the whole family should be sterilized', etc.

Apparently the show has been picked up for a second season and they'll be doing holiday specials over the fall and winter, my mom and I are looking forward to that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Empty Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:34 pm

I have seen coming attractions while waiting for Long Island Medium to come on. That child is so bizarre she reminds me of Baby Jane Hudson.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

I've watched some stupid stuff but I absolutely will not watch this fuckery. No. No.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Honey-Boo-Boo-Dollar-makes-me-holler-gif

face palm I can't with this
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 am

Cheaps wrote:Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Honey-Boo-Boo-Dollar-makes-me-holler-gif

face palm I can't with this

I would rather be tied down & held hostage with my eyelids taped open forced to watch every episode of Jersey Shore than to have to endure this.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 pm

CeCe wrote:

I would rather be tied down & held hostage with my eyelids taped open forced to watch every episode of Jersey Shore than to have to endure this.

Well I'd rather watch this than Jersey Shore, I guess it's a matter of who on reality TV you can relate to and we can relate more to this family than anyone on MTV.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm

I have seen at least a part of one episode. Can't recall if I saw it all or not. From what I have seen and read about the show, it seems as if they are unhealthy, foul mouthed and are doing nothing about it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I have seen at least a part of one episode. Can't recall if I saw it all or not. From what I have seen and read about the show, it seems as if they are unhealthy, foul mouthed and are doing nothing about it.

Well they're fat and like to play in the mud and don't censor themselves, that is true, but I could still think of a whole lot of worse kinds of people to do a weekly show about.

And, there are a lot of people saying that Alanna needs to be taken away from her home, but I can also think of far worse parents who deserve to lose custody of their kids. First and foremost, they're offbeat but they are a loving family, and it is obvious. Secondly, they feed their kids, yeah it may not be the healthiest stuff, but I consider that better than parents who don't feed their kids either because they blew the money on booze or drugs, or because they can't be bothered to cook and do the dishes because it's too much work.

Now everybody's got their own opinions about the family and everybody's entitled to their opinions, but some people just take it too far. I got into an ongoing debate with an idiot the other day who insisted because her mom lets her have junk food and sugary drinks that she will grow up to be a quote 'WHORE', and there were several more like him who said the same things, that this 7 year old girl either is a whore or will grow up to be a whore. Now that's somebody who definitely needs to get a life.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Not sure how sugary drinks and food make one a whore!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Not sure how sugary drinks and food make one a whore!

And then the nitwit had the balls to say that I am a whore just like them because I enable it. Go figure.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:20 am

Well that's not cool either. If I placed my money on any girl on the planet not being a whore, it would be you.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:53 am

RedBedroom wrote:Well that's not cool either. If I placed my money on any girl on the planet not being a whore, it would be you.

That's about the safest bet there is. But for people to talk about a 7 year old child the same way, that just goes TOO far.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm

So, I just read an article saying Rosie O'Donnell wants to buy this family a house. She compared her to Shirley Temple. I do not see the parallels there at all.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Neither do I, but then again the only similarity I ever see with young girls today and Shirley Temple is the hair. I had those curls myself as a kid, though fortunately for me it came naturally, unlike poor Shirley whose mother did it up in 56 curling pins each day, YEOUCH!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Some people CLEARLY need to get a life, somebody mentioned on the news there was a report of the Shannon family getting death threats. What the hell, people have so little going on in their lives that they need to make threats to kill a 7 year old to get their kicks?
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 pm

I didn't know about this show but I did read the title in another website. I thought they were talking about a bear like Winnie the Pooh. So I googled it and saw the kid and her family.

I don't get the TLC channel so I couldn't watch the show but wouldn't anyway. I wanted to avoid this train wreck at all costs but alas it was not to be.

It seems these horrors are turning up on every other show on TV including the news. Okay, I am overweight myself so I am not going to criticize them for that although I certainly wasn't when I was that kid's age. Or the mom's for that matter.

But what gets me is that the little snippets of what I have seen of them on other shows is that this kid is rude and is allowed to be so. I do not think that is cute, funny, adorable or otherwise socially acceptable. Her mother is right there with her and should be correcting her but is not.

I don't get what passes as entertainment these days. Obnoxious children and oblivious mothers?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:23 am