The old 'music video'-centric MTV Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The old 'music video'-centric MTV

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Supernova
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

The old 'music video'-centric MTV Empty
PostSubject: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:19 am

Do you miss the music video centric MTV of pre-1992, or do you prefer streaming the videos you want to see online?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Seeing them online is okay but I wish MTV would've stuck to its roots and remained a 24/7 music video channel. Why do they even bother keeping the name now? Other than its established and people know what to expect from it, which today is very little.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I miss MTV as it was, for nostalgia reasons only. I don't watch many videos and when I do, it is most often online. If I missed sitting on the couch watching videos, I could always record the couple hours MTV does air them in the morning. But I never do that.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Definitely miss watching them on t.v. I only watch videos online if I'm in a nostalgic mood. Or, there are some new videos out there that I need to catch up on cause I have no idea what's out right now.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Streaming is convenient, but such an unspectacular experience. Music videos on TV used to be such an event and could be really memorable when everybody was gathered around the TV to watch them.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:27 pm

I do, but you gotta keep it perspective. If they were still about the videos, what would be running all day? Gaga....Ke$ha....Katy Perry....Eminem....

I miss MTV's old format....but I miss their old 1989 playlist just as much. So.....
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 am

Marc wrote:
I do, but you gotta keep it perspective. If they were still about the videos, what would be running all day? Gaga....Ke$ha....Katy Perry....Eminem....

I miss MTV's old format....but I miss their old 1989 playlist just as much. So.....

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:10 am

What I miss about old MTV is how they used to premiere videos all day. The new Michael Jackson video would air at 12pm, then again at 2pm, then again at 6pm, then again at 11pm. Music videos used to be "events", now they're not and the budgets have gotten smaller (which makes the concepts cheaper) because it's not worth being all extravagant for YouTube.

But since I aged out of their 12 to 24 y/o target audience almost 10 years ago, MTV really couldn't care less what I think. But I do feel sorry for this generation of teens who only know MTV for its dating-reality-profile shows and will never know the semblance of what music videos used to mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The old 'music video'-centric MTV   The old 'music video'-centric MTV Empty

Back to top Go down

The old 'music video'-centric MTV
Page 1 of 1