CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
CaffeinePlease
Shale
Chris
Alan Smithee
Supernova
CeCe
captainbryce
11 posters

Obama wins second Presidential debate!

captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Obama wins second Presidential debate! Empty Obama wins second Presidential debate!

Post by captainbryce Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:40 am

Thoughts?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Obama wins second Presidential debate! Empty Re: Obama wins second Presidential debate!

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 am

Damn right. Glad he showed up at this one. Crowley kept things under control better than Leher did even though Romney attempted to run over her too. I swear they need to institute a shock collar system. One warning & zzzzzzzapppp!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Obama wins second Presidential debate! Empty Re: Obama wins second Presidential debate!

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I was not present for most of it but I'm told instead of saying all the reasons why he should be reelected, he just went on and on and on about why Romney shouldn't be elected, which was his same tactic in his campaign ads, never 'vote for me for these reasons' just 'look at this list of complaints against him and decide I'm better'. Needless to say he ain't getting my vote this time either.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 pm

You were told wrong.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:38 pm

I didn't watch this round. Barack Obama has not been my favorite president but he's head and shoulders above Mitt Romney. That's enough for me. At least I in no way feel like I'm voting for the lesser of two evils.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Seemed like Obama took notes from Biden. He was much more on his game last night than he was the first time.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 pm

I watched The Terminator from 1984. Great movie.

Sarah Conner won the debate.
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 pm

I didn't actually watch the debate, but I heard he did much better this time. Thank God! I'm glad he got his shit together.
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Supernova wrote:I was not present for most of it but I'm told instead of saying all the reasons why he should be reelected, he just went on and on and on about why Romney shouldn't be elected, which was his same tactic in his campaign ads, never 'vote for me for these reasons' just 'look at this list of complaints against him and decide I'm better'. Needless to say he ain't getting my vote this time either.

I can't say whether The President did this or not, being that I didn't watch it the debate, but so what if he did? It makes it rather easy when Romney is such a complete fool.
    stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

Post by stonestatic Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm

They're saying Obama won the overall debate, but opinion polls say that Romney won on key issues like the economy, taxes and deficit.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 pm

People who believe Romney "won" on certain issues probably need to make sure they're not a part of his "31 Myths in 41 Minutes" (it's a little long to post)

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/10/17/1030581/at-last-nights-debate-romney-told-31-myths-in-41-minutes/
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 am

Obama wins second Presidential debate! 2517814472

I didn't watch it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 am

He was much more on his game, but I don't think he won at all. And I've seen some polls on the matter that indicate that he still didn't win. The "analysts" think he won, but some of the same ones thought he did well immediately after the first debate too. lol I am sure BO appealed more to his fanbase who value anger and bitterness. But from what I've seen, he did nothing to attract independents. He made some pretty out there arguments, outright lied at times, and ultimately looked a little bit like he needed the moderator to rescue him half the time.

So yes, while it wasn't the decisive ass wuping that Romney delivered to Obama the first time, Romney won the debate. Even leftist focus groups seemed to indicate that. But I guess it was important for Obama to reassure his base. So yes, this debate definitely spoke to the people who would vote for Obama no matter what.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am

The problem is that Romney says he will do all manner of great things, but leaves me saying HOW? He just really, really wants to be president, so is trying to be all things to all men which is why he does all that flip flopping. Just tell us how you are going to lower gas prices, how you are going to get Americans working again,lower taxes on the middle class (when he thinks the middle class earns 250,000 per year), Pay for his war with Iran, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:55 am