CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Empty The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Post by Shale Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Movie Blurb
    October 20, 2012

This movie has been playing since Sep 27th when I was in Washington DC. After looking at some trailers of possible movies for this weekend, this one seemed most enjoyable. Glad I picked it! The aggregate reviews on Rottentomatoes was 86% favorable and 95% of audiences (including me) liked it.

It is based on a novel by Stephen Chbosky and he also wrote the screenplay and directed it. (I think it is a labor of love that he feels very protective of).

It is set in 1990s Pittsburgh and is sort of a coming of age story about Charlie (Logan Lerman) a shy, introverted high school freshman anxious about entering a new environment. He is friendless but very astute about the feelings of other ppl. He likes this one senior, Patrick (Ezra Miller) who is flamboyant, has wit & attitude (made me think of Oscar Wilde) and actually takes Charlie under wing. With Patrick is his stepsister Sam (Emma Watson) who has a rep for being loose that comes from ... well, her history.

But Charlie is empathetic and non-judgmental and soon he is allowed into this clique of misfits - and all along this shy person lets out little bits and pieces that earns him a place among the misfits. Ultimately, the story is about friendships and loyalties among young ppl.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7427914#post7427914

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Empty Re: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm

I wanted to see it, I liked Logan Lerman in Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Plus it would be nice to see Emma Watson outside of Harry Potter. Thanks for the review Shale.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 am