The Perks of Being a Wallflower Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Empty
PostSubject: The Perks of Being a Wallflower   The Perks of Being a Wallflower EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Movie Blurb
October 20, 2012

This movie has been playing since Sep 27th when I was in Washington DC. After looking at some trailers of possible movies for this weekend, this one seemed most enjoyable. Glad I picked it! The aggregate reviews on Rottentomatoes was 86% favorable and 95% of audiences (including me) liked it.

It is based on a novel by Stephen Chbosky and he also wrote the screenplay and directed it. (I think it is a labor of love that he feels very protective of).

It is set in 1990s Pittsburgh and is sort of a coming of age story about Charlie (Logan Lerman) a shy, introverted high school freshman anxious about entering a new environment. He is friendless but very astute about the feelings of other ppl. He likes this one senior, Patrick (Ezra Miller) who is flamboyant, has wit & attitude (made me think of Oscar Wilde) and actually takes Charlie under wing. With Patrick is his stepsister Sam (Emma Watson) who has a rep for being loose that comes from ... well, her history.

But Charlie is empathetic and non-judgmental and soon he is allowed into this clique of misfits - and all along this shy person lets out little bits and pieces that earns him a place among the misfits. Ultimately, the story is about friendships and loyalties among young ppl.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7427914#post7427914

Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perks of Being a Wallflower   The Perks of Being a Wallflower EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm

I wanted to see it, I liked Logan Lerman in Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Plus it would be nice to see Emma Watson outside of Harry Potter. Thanks for the review Shale.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1