CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss!

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss! Empty From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss!

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Should inmates be allowed to follow dentists' recommendations and floss daily?

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Oct. 18 (UPI) -- A Florida sheriff said jail inmates will not be supplied with dental floss, despite four lawsuits filed by inmates.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said he will not give in on the issue, despite four lawsuits from inmates who want floss to be available in the jail commissary and are seeking damages for "pain and suffering," the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported Thursday.

"I don't care if they file 400 suits, they're not getting it," Bradshaw said. "You're not the mayor. This isn't the Ritz-Carlton."

Bradshaw said dental floss is not allowed in the jail because it can be easily turned into a weapon or a rope.

"We're not going to give them something that could easily be turned into something else," he said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2012/10/18/Sheriff-No-floss-for-inmates/UPI-95591350581330/#ixzz2Atw7ttIe
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss! Empty Re: From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss!

Post by Shale Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:18 pm

The sheriff's point is valid, but he should look for a compromise to get safe floss available. I was thinking of those little floss plastic thing with the pointed pick removed.

What do they do about toothbrushes which are the prime tool for making a shank. I know they don't have spray deodorant but stick is a good substitute.

You can blow off a lawsuit, but if it wins in court you cannot just blow off a judicial order or you might be joining the inmates in their demand from jail.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss! Empty Re: From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss!

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 pm

I dunno. It's not like they can't get dental care in jail. From the crazy criminals in Fl: They want to floss! 2517814472 They'll be alright with just brushing.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm

I agree with the Sheriff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:57 am