CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Suzi
RedBedroom
7 posters

What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn? Empty What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn?
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn? Empty Re: What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn?

Post by Suzi Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Probably not to say everything I think.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn? Empty Re: What is the hardest lesson you ever had to learn?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Life isn't fair.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Stop trying to help people. Some people just do not want help--- and other just take advantage.

I tried to get an ex to stop drinking and for years he "attended" AA. Tried to get my sis off drugs... she flat out said she loved them and would never stop.

I have loaned over $6000 out to friends and never gotten it back. This is not the same as family that I help and dont expect it back. But FRIENDS-- I expect to pay me back. After 3 strikes, i'm not lending anymore money.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I deserve better than what I expect. I've spent years letting shit slide from people because I wanted them in my life without conflict. Then I realized if they caused THAT much conflict, I didn't need them in my life! I'm really good at filtering out the riff raff now.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 am

co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:35 pm

FireIce918 wrote:I deserve better than what I expect. I've spent years letting shit slide from people because I wanted them in my life without conflict. Then I realized if they caused THAT much conflict, I didn't need them in my life! I'm really good at filtering out the riff raff now.

co-signs I've gotten better myself. But that first sentence is crucial. You're gonna suffer until you finally realize you deserve better & there's absolutely no reason to keep putting up with bullshit.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Smiling faces tell lies.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Smiling faces tell lies.

Yes they do.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 am

CeCe wrote:

co-signs I've gotten better myself. But that first sentence is crucial. You're gonna suffer until you finally realize you deserve better & there's absolutely no reason to keep putting up with bullshit.

I swear when I have kids I'm gonna illegally tattoo that sentence on their forearms LOL.

Well, not really. But it's something I wish my parents would have drilled home more often. People have no clue what I've been through all because I didn't know what I TRULY deserved in life!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:06 am

FireIce918 wrote:I deserve better than what I expect. I've spent years letting shit slide from people because I wanted them in my life without conflict. Then I realized if they caused THAT much conflict, I didn't need them in my life! I'm really good at filtering out the riff raff now.

I just want to give you a big hug! I feel the same way. Jay always accuses me of writing people off too quickly. I think he lets people walk on him. It's one of our larger battles in our older years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:32 am