CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Minerva
Suzi
Cheaps
Shale
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Supernova
12 posters

What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all? Empty What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all?

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:02 pm

What are some things that it seems everybody else can do like a breeze, but you cannot?

I have the worst time trying to fold up long sleeved shirts.

I can't braid hair, especially my own when it was long.

I can't whistle, which I'm not sure but I blame on the gaps in my teeth.

I could never blow bubbles in gum, and still can't.

Another one, that trust exercise where you fall back and let someone catch you, my body does not relax like that and would have to be knocked back to do that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all? Empty Re: What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm

I can't fold clothes perfect either. I also can't iron too well. I will have to add to the list as I think of other things I can't do.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all? Empty Re: What are normal, everyday things that you can't do well or at all?

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I can't fold clothes perfect either. I also can't iron too well. I will have to add to the list as I think of other things I can't do.

I probably can't either but I wouldn't know because few of our clothes actually need it, the last thing I ironed was my grandmother's drapes a couple years ago.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I can't roll my R's
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Can't really whistle or snap my fingers. Think I finally figured out gravy. Maybe. Kinda. Hell it's edible lol
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 pm

CeCe wrote:Can't really whistle or snap my fingers. Think I finally figured out gravy. Maybe. Kinda. Hell it's edible lol

Do you use flour or corn starch? I get better results with flour.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I can't roll my R's

How do you get a ferrocarril in Mexico? blank stare @ you

I can't do simple math (don't know my multiplication tables and it is arduous just adding columns of numbers without a calculator.

I am a published writer who doesn't know the alphabet. I can't tell you which letter comes before or after another without mentally reciting a string of letters.

I cannot swallow more than one pill at a time.

However, I can say ferrocarril
    Blue Cool
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Do you use flour or corn starch? I get better results with flour.

Flour, but it just becomes a lumpy sticky mess most of the time. I bake cakes from scratch but gravy kicks my ass lol
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:27 pm

CeCe wrote:Flour, but it just becomes a lumpy sticky mess most of the time. I bake cakes from scratch but gravy kicks my ass lol

Here's how I make it.

Get the oil really hot and sprinkle flour but only enuf to where it is still saturated with oil. (They make a coarser gravy flour which helps)

Cook until the flour starts to turn brown, then pour in COLD water while stirring. It should really sizzle and steam. Keep adding water until there is a loose paste of flour. Then you can add milk to that, still stirring. I let it cook a while, adding milk as it gets thicker.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

I use equal tablespoons of pan drippings and flour per cup of brooth (chicken or beef). Maybe un peu more fat/flour. Mix the roux and then stir in the broth and keep stirring over high heat. No lumps.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm

I'll have to try those ideas. Thanks guys big hugz
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Can't whistle or roll my r's either. I can't snap my fingers on my left hand, only my right.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Cheaps wrote:Can't whistle or roll my r's either. I can't snap my fingers on my left hand, only my right.

Can you at least tie a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue? big grin
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Shale wrote:
    How do you get a ferrocarril in Mexico? blank stare @ you

I can't do simple math (don't know my multiplication tables and it is arduous just adding columns of numbers without a calculator.

I am a published writer who doesn't know the alphabet. I can't tell you which letter comes before or after another without mentally reciting a string of letters.

Blue Cool
    I know some of the times tables but not all, I maintain I am dyslexic when it comes to arithmetic.

I am also one of the one in five women who has trouble with left and right. But if one hold their hand up (or gets sneaky and just looks down at the hands) in front of themselves backs toward one holds the thumbs out one hand says L the other does not. L is your left hand!

I can also roll my r's but I always feel like I am putting on airs to do so.

I can't whistle any more since I got dentures, but I could before then. Although I could never whistle the way the boys did it with 2 fingers in their mouths.My son says thy don't need the fingers then he proves it with ear splitting whistles!
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 pm

CeCe wrote:

Flour, but it just becomes a lumpy sticky mess most of the time. I bake cakes from scratch but gravy kicks my ass lol
    Figure on one tablespoon of flour per cup of liquid (water or milk) put the milk in a jar then add the flour, Put the lid on the jar and shake the hell out of the jar, then add to the drippings in the pan. Presto you too can make gravy, just keep stirring! Add seasonings as needed.

Or do it Alan's way.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Suzi wrote:
    Figure on one tablespoon of flour per cup of liquid (water or milk) put the milk in a jar then add the flour, Put the lid on the jar and shake the hell out of the jar, then add to the drippings in the pan. Presto you too can make gravy, just keep stirring! Add seasonings as needed.

Or do it Alan's way.

My wife uses the jar method too.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Drive a car, fold sheets especially the fitted kind or blow up a balloon.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by Minerva Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Drive a car, fold sheets especially the fitted kind or blow up a balloon.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 pm

I gotta do something different because the end results prove my way ain't it lol
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Minerva wrote:Drive a car, fold sheets especially the fitted kind or blow up a balloon.

I can blow them up but I've NEVER been able to tie the knot in them to keep them inflated.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Minerva wrote:Drive a car, fold sheets especially the fitted kind or blow up a balloon.

omg YES! They're so perfectly folded when you get them then it's what the fuck?!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:32 pm

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh that is fantastic! It's driven me crazy for YEARS lol Thanks Alan!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:57 am

Shale wrote:

Blue Cool

I got to "swallow" and spit my drink out laughing... thanks for the Shale LOL

I can't freakin dance to save my life! LOL im terrible... totally suck. and forget cooking, i burn, so i dont do it.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by Minerva Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

[quote="wants2laugh"]

I got to "swallow" and spit my drink out laughing... thanks for the Shale LOL

I can't freakin dance to save my life! LOL im terrible... totally suck. and forget cooking, i burn, so i dont do it.[/quote]

Me too! I get bored and walk away. So things boil over, burn and get otherwise overdone. Thank heaven for timers and micorwaves and things that have the good sense to shut themselves off by themselves because if they wait for me, fuggeddubuddit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:06 pm